HD History Channel Breaking Up

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

HD History Channel Breaking Up

Does anyone else have an issue with the HD History Chanel (561) breaking up?

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersRavi
Retired Moderator

Re: HD History Channel Breaking Up

Hi mfait,

Are you still having issues with this?  Not sure if you tried calling into tech support about this yet?

Thanks

RogersRavi

I'm a Senior Advisor

Working fine in Ottawa.. Been watching all day.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Mine has been working just fine here in Scarborough. There might be a issue on your end with the Signal. It could just be a weak signal. Call Rogers tech support & see if they can see what the problem is.
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Still happening.  Just the one channel.

I fixed a week signal issue that affected many channels about a year ago by changing the splitter.

I'll try and check the signal strength this weekend on this channel.

I've Been Around

Mine is breaking up too - similarly had Rogers tech in the house diagnosing the signal problem on multiple channels a few years ago - everything has been fine since - except this one and CITY-HD recently.

Maybe these channels have a weaker signal?

How much do I have to spend to have a reliable service?   I guess it's time to have them over again.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Unfortunately, no matter the provider, this can always be a possibility (interfearance with satalite, bad lines on any other type of elec cable type internet)

There are many factors that can change this.. if something has happened on the street or the box you connect to.

While there was a signal issue before which may have been fixed, something else could have happened... this epscialy starts happening more as a house gets older too.. some places the lines burried can be almost 30 years old.. the quality of the cable and sheithing can just deteriorate over time.

I've Been Around

Our HD history channel (483) has not been working for the past 4-5 days. Also, there are other HD channels that have not been working in the last few days. What is going on.? In addition, the NEXTBOX is downloading updates daily. Could someone provide some help.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@emilioscio call tech support and ask the CSR to run a signal check on the cable TV receivers.  Sounds like a cable signal level or signal to noise problem.  Let the CSR know what your seeing and if you have any problems with other services such as internet data rates and/or Home Phone problems.  If the signal check fails the CSR should arrange for a tech visit at your convenience.