HD Channels

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

HD Channels

Do you know if Rogers carries the HD version of BBC World News # 194 in Toronto & CNBC # 79 in Toronto. Thanks, Nick.

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: HD Channels

It doesnt appear that either are in HD here yet.

Unfortunately, with every channel... the carrier has to pay ONE fee for the SD.. and NOTHER fee for the HD, etc.
(one reason why we didnt have AMC HD for the longest time, etc)... and sometimes the broadcaster holds back, or has exclusive deals (like SPACEHD was for a while).

I've Been Here Awhile

I was afraid so but thanks for confirming, Nick.

I've Been Here Awhile

I just noticed that the CNBC SD feed carried on Rogers had switched to the 16:9 format that it's US HD feed is currently showing.  The Rogers feed is still SD, but now has the exact same visual content as the US HD feed.  Hopefully they will flip the switch to the full HD feed very soon.

I Plan to Stick Around

BBC World News is in HD but only on the Ignite TV platform.

I've Been Here Awhile

Do you know the number of the channel (the HD BBC world news) in Waterloo,ON? Thank you.

Hello, @Amena.

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 🙂

I appreciate your participation in the Community. As @andrew9446 stated in his post above, BBC World News is available in HD only on the Ignite TV service.

You can check all the channel details we offer on the TV portal. BBC World News SD is available on Channel 194 in Waterloo. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks. Your answer assumes I don't have ignite TV even though I did not say so. If I have Ignite should the HD one be on 194 as well, or does it have a different number? Some channels are show up in two or more copies on my tv, one hd, one sd. So, do you know if the hd bbc world has a different numver than 194?

Hello @Amena, you can find BBC World in HD on channel 117! 

RogersZia

I've Been Here Awhile

Does Rogers intends to pursue carrying CNBC in HD.   I'm asking about this, after about 5 years of waiting, now that almost all the major news and financial news channels (CNN, MSNBC, Fox News, HLN, BNN, CBC News Network, CTV News Channel, The Weather Network, CP24, BBC News on ignite) are distributed in HD for Toronto (and Canada).   Why is it so difficult to convince CNBC to provide Rogers with an HD feed?    Is it still a money issue?