HBO On Demand

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

HBO On Demand

I currently have HBO as part of my cable subscription with Roger's, but when l try to access 'HBO On Demand', l am getting a message which says: 'You are not authorized to view this channel. Please contact your service provider'. What? Please advise...

***Added Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: HBO On Demand

This explanation may not deal with your situation, but what I have found is that if I try to go into HBO on Demand via Channel 311, I am getting the same message you do.

If I go in via Rogers on Demand, via Crave box, or channels box, that if I then go to the HBO + Movies + Crave, I then see in the upper left box HBO and I can get into the on demand HBO choices.

I can also see the on air (ironic thing to call it - on the air - no, showing now on channel HBO 1 or HBO2 on 302 and 303 and  313 314) and watch the shows like Bill Mahr and others at their designated times.

Give those a try, and certainly, if you still can't get to HBO On-Demand via Rogers on Demand option, then do call that number, or you can contact @CommunityHelps by clicking the tag and using the private messaging system - help on private messenging can be found at this help link https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/help/faqpage

Note to @CommunityHelps team, I haven't reported this yet on my box, but it appears in my area at least, that channel 311 HBO On Demand does not take you to the desired On Demand listing, it gives the unsubscribed message.

Anyone else have this issue.

Growing pains as it switches over - My daughter works for a western provider on demand management of the guides and they are having growing pains too.

But definitely, @lisarosefallon if you can't get in the way it works for me (my area anyway - may be different in other areas), contact communityhelps and review your account and the issue, or contact the phone number provided and explain that you have the service, you just can't get in.

Good luck, let the forum know how it goes and mark solved if it works for you.

Bruce

Bruce

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

When I tried Channel 311, I get a message to go to channel 309.  I went to channel 309 and was able to select and watch HBO programming there. I also tried channel 300 and it worked as well on a different programme just as a test.

The sorts of issues mentioned in the posts above can often be a result of a poor signal from your box to the head end and vice versa. Call Rogers and have them check your signal in your home and neighbourhood. Here's a post discussing signal issues which are the main cause of these sorts of issues.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Nextbox-3-0-PVR-Skips-Recorded-Playback-Only/m-p/387839#M42...

Of course, some issues may also arise due the the November rebranding of TMN to Crave and the addition of Crave to the lineup.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/CraveTV-coming-to-Rogers-November-1st/m-p/431744#M48210

I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you for your reply 👍
I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you for your reply, Bruce👍
I'm a Senior Advisor

@lisarosefallonGlad to be able to help you out.  I have hidden channel 311 from the guide so it doesn't appear anymore.

Bruce

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 in conversation