HBO Go no access

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

HBO Go no access

Just signed up for The movie network package, its working on my nextbox 3 but I cannot access HBO Go from http://www.tmngo.ca/ or from rogersondemand.com.

How long does it take to udpate so I can log in? This is the only reason I signed up so I can use it online.

This is the message I receive when I login with my Rogers account:

You must be a subscriber to The Movie Network, HBO Canada or TMN Encore to use TMN GO. Please contact your Television Service Provider to subscribe.

***Edited Labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: HBO Go no access

when you log into your "MyRogers" account, do you see your cable account summary? and if so, do you see TMN - The Movie Network listed on there?

This is the most common reason people aren't able to access HBO or TMN content, try this first then check back with us?

Retired Moderator RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator

Hi @j2pc

Sorry to hear of your troubles with trying to access TMN GO.

When did you sign up for The Movie Network package?

It can take up to 24 hours before you can get access to content on TMN GO.

@RogersPrasana

I Plan to Stick Around

Its still not working. I signed up yesterday at about 10 AM. 

And yes I do see TMN - The Movie Network on my Rogers account

I Plan to Stick Around

I am still waiting to get this problem fixed. The only reason I signed up was so I can use the Online TMN GO or to use rogersondemand.com to watch hbo/TMN movies and tv. I do not have access to that content on either site so can you tell me whats going on?
Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

Hi @j2pc

As 24hr has passed you should be able to access the content now. I will have a member of our @CommunityHelps team reach out to you so we can look into this issue.

RogersAsif

I'm an Advisor

My understanding is that HBO Go is not available in Canada. There are ways around that, of course. One article I read states that it's not available because of Bell's Crave TV exclusive rights. If you do a Google search, there's lots of info on this.

I'm a Senior Advisor

The American version of HBO Go or HBO Now( the stand-alone version) is not availble in Canada, correct.

However, TMNGo allows access to HBO Canada programming that Bell has the rights to.  You need a TMN subscription to access that content.

I'm an Advisor

Lurker:

Thanks for pointing that out. I do have a TMN/HBO Canda subscription, but have never used TMN Go, so wasn't aware of it.

I've Been Around

Hi, my account is a VIP account with all the trimmings, including TMN and HBO. Recently as I tried to access HBO content from the on-demand area the content was stripped and much of the shows episodes were not showing as available. As well to check this issue on the TMN Go app and webpage I logged in only to get an error, saying that I am not subscribed to TMN. On my account it shows that I pay monthly for this service and it is disheartening that I can't access the entertainment I pay for. Are there any fixes I must implement or must it come from Rogers?