Guide

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Guide

I changed from bell to rogers. On my bell receive I could auto tune to a channel at any time..ex. I could set timer to go to channel 201 at am and it would change to channel 201 at 5 pm. I cant seem to find how to do that or even if I can? any help would be great

***Edited Lables***

I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Guide

@bear38 wrote:

I changed from bell to rogers. On my bell receive I could auto tune to a channel at any time..ex. I could set timer to go to channel 201 at am and it would change to channel 201 at 5 pm. I cant seem to find how to do that or even if I can? any help would be great

***Edited Lables***

Nextbox is very limited in that ability.  

You can, using the guide, click on the desired show at the desired time/channel, and you will see an option to set a reminder - but unfortunately, it just pops up a reminder and you can click the prompt on the screen to change the channel or dismiss it.  If you miss the onscreen prompt, it just stays on the channel you are at.  It doesn not automatically go to the desired channel.

I just noticed that the reminder did pop up again 5 minutes (only once) into the show I was testing, but again disappears 1 minute later. 

It was unfortunately a poor attempt to maintain that feature which existed before we went through updates to our set top boxes.

Rogers has been advised of this issue, but to date, has not set in the previous functionality to change automatically to the desired channel - it is just what it is called - a reminder only.

As a new customer, you may want to phone into support and make your voice heard. Can't promise anything will come of it, but we still don't know if there will be further enhancements or whether they will deal with the remaining issues on the issue list. Easiest way to do that is via chat on your MyRogers billing page. There are other ways, like @CommunityHelps via private messaging - inside your profile at top right, if you go in there, you will find an envelope for private messages. Use the communityhelps as the member name.  You can also express a concern via the rogers page, phone in, tweet, or facebook messenger.

Thought it would be useful to give you a bit of tips on how to get help, beyond the wonderful help you will get here (yes, I am biased), from other users - except for the moderators, none of us are acting or speaking on behalf of Rogers.

Welcome to Rogers TV viewing.  Hope you enjoy it.

A few helpful links below to guide you around your new "guide".

If you are looking for help tutorials to use your box, consider this link.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes

There are helpful videos and tips and issue notes in the 3rd, 4th and 5th book marked posts.

If you have on demand, if you go into channels and go to the very bottom of the poster arts for channels, you will also find some simple tutorials that are very, very basic.

This thread on the must current version of the box may also be helpful for you as you learn the new box and its feature sets.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/thread-...

If you have any questions, that last thread is a good place to post and ask - it keeps all the questions about the most recent version in one place.  There is a fair sized group of people on the forum who know the ins and outs of the new box, its quirks, what it can and can't do and ways to work around some of the things that are not necessarily intuitive (like the one you just asked).

Enjoy your new TV viewing.  And it was nice to hear a comparison of a feature in another company's feature set that we don't really have.

If you have the new remote, there are also posts on it too.  In general, just search Nextbox Navigatr and you will get information.

I've Been Around

Re: Guide

Thanks