GolTV Canada no longer broadcasting

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

GolTV Canada no longer broadcasting

I just noticed that GolTV Canada (Channel 428) is showing as "OFF AIR" so I did some research and found out that GolTV requested to have its licence revoked and subsequently ceased broadcasting at the end of August.

This is an "extra" channel with Rogers and you have to pay for it. Oddly enough, it was still showing on my bill and I have since confirmed it had not been deleted even though the channel is no longer operational.

I realize it's a small monthly charge but I really would have expected Rogers to proactively manage this situation and remove the channel without me having to request it; at the very least, there should have been some communication with the customer regarding the cessation of the channel.

Anyway, if anyone else out there is paying for GolTV, you should contact Rogers to have the charge removed from your bill.

Good luck!!

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Re: GolTV Canada no longer broadcasting

Good day @KWoo,

Thank you for your post.

Just wanted to confirm that GOLTV Canada is unfortunately no longer available, at the discretion of the programmer.

We apologize for the inconvenience and we hope you will continue to value the dozens of channels that are included in your package.

I think that the charge, for that particular channel, appeared on your invoice as it was generated prior to the change.

I am very sorry you had to call in, in order to have this rectified. 

Do not hesitate to let us know, if you require further assistance in regards to this Smiley Wink

RogersMaude

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RogersMaude wrote:

Good day @KWoo,

Thank you for your post.

Just wanted to confirm that GOLTV Canada is unfortunately no longer available, at the discretion of the programmer.

We apologize for the inconvenience and we hope you will continue to value the dozens of channels that are included in your package.

I think that the charge, for that particular channel, appeared on your invoice as it was generated prior to the change.

I am very sorry you had to call in, in order to have this rectified. 

Do not hesitate to let us know, if you require further assistance in regards to this Smiley Wink

RogersMaude

I agree with RogersMaude. The decision to ceace broadcasting of that channel might have been very abruptly by the content provider and if that was the case they would not be able to put a note or statement about it on your previous invoice.   All in all I also agree with RogersMaude that if you saw the charge on your invoice for that channel, it was generated prior to the invoice being printed and was probably your previous billing cycle. I have never heard of a provider charging a customer for a channel once they ceace broadcasting. They usually remove it from your bill the same day it ceases broadcasting, so if you wait for your next months bill you might see a partial charge for the channel for the date it stopped.  You typically have to wait till your next month invoice before you see that so I can understand your mad but maybe give it some time and you will see that you were billed correctly for it.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Considering I found the information regarding the status of GolTV Canada via an internet message from Shaw dated the beginning of July, I suspect Rogers had ample opportunity to advise their customers as well.

Thank you for your feedback @KWoo and, again, sorry for the inconveniences.

If I understood correctly, the charge in question was already reversed on your personal account.

Please, correct me if I am wrong. We will reach out to you directly to take the necessary measures.

We are definitely willing to help any other user who would have been in this situation as well.

We have taken notes of your comments pertaining to the proactivity of the notification and they will be brought to the attention of the appropriate team.

RogersMaude

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 in conversation