Globo international - not in HD?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Globo international - not in HD?

Good evening.

I would like to get the community’s (and Rogers’) confirmation on something that seems wrong.

Is the Brazilian channel, Globo International (channel 791) not broadcasted/provided via Rogers in HD?

My wife and I just purchased this channel, and were surprised to see the channel was not in HD.

We’ve lived in other non-Brazilian countries in the past and have been able to see this channel in HD, so I didn’t even think in asking Rogers if this channel was in HD when purchasing it (not to mention that it is 2019 and its hard to believe that Rogers isn’t offering an HD version of this channel).

Am I missing something? Is there maybe another channel number that shows the HD version of Globo International?

Looking forward to anyone’s confirmation or feedback.

Thanks in advance!

*Added Labels*

Re: Globo international - not in HD?

Hello, @Jpb82.

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

I appreciate your query in the Community, the TV Globo Internacional on Channel 791 on only available in SD version through Rogers.

Thank you for understanding.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I've Been Around

Is anyone else having a problem with channel 791? Seems like a signal problem as the audio and picture buffers

Hello @Marky97,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! =)

We appreciate you posting your concern in our Community. Trying to enjoy your favourite multicultural programs when there are audio and visual issues can be a difficult task!

There does not appear to be any known issues with that channel at this time. Most issues of this nature are caused by a poor signal as multicultural channels and all higher number channels broadcast on a higher frequency. As a result, these channels are affected by signal issues much sooner than the lower channels numbers. We will need to run some tests on your equipment to determine if there is a signal issue or if there is a problem with the video feed itself.

Please send us a Private Message to @CommunityHelps so we can pull up your information and get started on testing. If you are not familiar with our Private Messaging system please check out our Blog.

We look forward to your message!

RogersTony