Getting tired of rebooting my PVR just so I can watch my recordings

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Getting tired of rebooting my PVR just so I can watch my recordings

57:

I noticed "Boot Process is in an unknown state" listed in the diagnostic summary. What does this mean?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Dannowrote:

Thanks very much for this 57. I tried it and you're right. There's a ton of information hidden in there, but I'm at a loss to understand it. Where do I look for the signal strength (which  should be between -10 and +10, with zero being about optimum) and the S/N ratio (good if it’s at about 35 dB or higher) or any other info that might explain what's going on?

Should be on the first page - Summary. (for each tuner, most tuners may show no info)

Look for "Power" and "SNR".

Mine also shows "Boot process in unknown state". I guess what's more important is the Firmware Download status which should show "complete".

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks again 57. Is there a link or user guide to explain the information contained in the setbox's data summary? This would be really helpful.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Dannowrote:
Thanks again 57. Is there a link or user guide to explain the information contained in the setbox's data summary? This would be really helpful.

Not that I know of, but it could be on the internet somewhere.  This information is designed for technicians, not users. I only provide it as a quick means to check your signal, which appears to have issues based on all the problems you have.

A poor return signal means you will often have difficulty tuning the SDV channels and often ROD won't work properly either.  Call Rogers.