Getting tired of rebooting my PVR just so I can watch my recordings

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Getting tired of rebooting my PVR just so I can watch my recordings

Add another to the list for poor PVR performance. I already have a post up yesterday detailing my concern that has not generated much interest so far. Mine appears to record ok and will start playback ok. We are using whole home NB 3.0, rented. If the recorded show is still LIVE, the PVR signal on a remote TV will just stop and freeze. Only way out is to STOP playback. Prompt will come up in about 10 seconds what would you like to do with this recording. I hit RESUME PLAYBACK and after many seconds, the playback MAY restart at the place it crashed at, sometimes right at the beginning then having to >> all the way to where it crashed. Sometimes the remote digital box has to be rebooted off/on in order to clear the crash. Had to do that twice this afternoon. Watched Nascar race this afternoon on about a half hour delay. My wife and I counted 17 times that the signal dropped out and forced a restart. Sometimes it would go 30 minutes, sometimes failing within 2 minutes. All of these issues require repair. I do not believe we are getting the service we are paying for. Any others having similar problems to mine or have found a fix, please post to my other comment dated 03/21/2015. Ours is a very recent install in early February, been doing this on the remote sets since day one. Very frustrating!!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Do you have internet service as well?  If so, can you log into the modem, navigate to the DOCSIS WAN page, copy the downstream and upstream tables and paste them into this thread.

I'm a Senior Contributor

Hi FWIW,

I have had the problem sporadically with "deleted" videos and I get updates RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE of things sometimes the movies cancels out; AND mine takes MORE THAN 10 minutes to reboot - I have times it.....

I have spent MORE TIME on rogers probkems than I have EVER spent on anyhing else...anywhere

I'm a Senior Contributor

I just jumped in so maybe asked and answered: Which box does the OP have?

Mine is: 9865HD

I've Been Here Awhile

Re:Getting tired of rebooting my PVR just so I can watch my recordings

Every day I have to reset the PVR to watch recorded content, sometimes twice or three times.

A pvr should be able to access the content on its own hard drive should not require constant resetting.

I am going to update this thread every day that I have to constantly reset the PVR.

Guess what ROGERS, people don't want to pay you to have to spend up to 30 minutes they don't have, waiting to watch a TV show.

I've Been Here Awhile

Happened again today. Had to reset twice, wasted another 30 minutes before I could watch a show.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I would think that you may have an issue with your box.. or the way that box is recording things.

having to do it ocassionaly? sure.

But there are many others who do not have the same problems and dont have to do it.

I've Been Here Awhile

Happened again today - had to reboot twice to watch a recorded show. Three days in a row. Terrible. Looking into switching service providers who won't provide sub par products.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

take a look at digitalhome.ca

They have a section for different providers for their TV services.

You can look at the sections for each provider and see what others have to say.

They will often post there what problems they are having with whatever company service/product.  
So you can see what problems that other potential companys stuff might have then too
(so you dont walk from one bad thing to another)

I'm a Senior Advisor

Pretty much what Gdkitty said. I often see rants here and on Digitalhome from people saying they're fed up and are switching to Bell or whoever, but don't see anyone saying they switched and are now happy. Sometimes it's just jumping from the frying pan into the fire. There are also other considerations when bundles and other service discounts are involved, as well as not losing an email address and phone number you've had since the dawn of the Internet.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario