Getting tired of rebooting my PVR just so I can watch my recordings

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Getting tired of rebooting my PVR just so I can watch my recordings

Well you can add another to the list. My pvr started doing this today. As yet, I have not found a viable solution. Suggest that anyone with this issue log a ticket with Rogers. That may get some action.

I Plan to Stick Around

So I guess it;s only a matter ot time before GDKitty and her 6 friends will be hit with the same thing. I don't care if she doesn't consider it "GLOBAL"  The point is, it is happening to a lot of users and as you can see, the list is growing. Rogers should not be selling these units until they get a fix. What good is a PVR if you can't watch the recordings without jumping through hoops for 20 minutes or more? Yesterday, I had to reboot my stupid netbox 7 times just to watch a couple of shows and of course, it interupts whatever you happen to be recording when you reboot these things so half the shows I have taped have a bunch of 6 minute sections missing. Lovely.

Face it, Rogers is not working hard enough to fix this. It's been months for some. Do you seriously think that's good enough? I sure don't. I'm giving Rogers a few more business days to get this fixed or I am going to start making some serious calls. I've had it.

I notice that no one from Rogers is here or answering us about this. Are they ignoring us? YES. I have had a ticket on this issue for a week and I have only been contacted once by a canned computer voice to tell me they are still working on it. You'd think a real human would call, but nope...not Rogers. They let a computer call me so I can't respond.

Rogers....if any of your reps are reading this, you need to respond and let us know what is going on. It's unfair for you to ignore this and hope we go away. We won't. We are paying you for a service and for equipment that DOES NOT WORK AS ADVERTISED. Do you understand? It is fraud to continue charging us for equipment that DOES NOT WORK AS ADVERTISED.

What part of this is unclear?

I'm Here A Lot

Add me to this list of disatisfied customers. I am having this same problem as I have rebooted it now 6 times only for this same message to keep showing up. As said I am paying for this service and not getting it is tiresome. Its been going on all week as it works then after a recording it pops up.

I Plan to Stick Around

Its a problem with the software, according to reps with a fix being worked on. 

Question I have is what triggers this problem. I have 2 of 3.0's that hasn't done it yet but my friends did. Is it a capacity thing? I don't let my pvrs get past 20% but my friends was over 50. I'm was thinking thats the trigger. I wish Rogers would find out and at least tell us whats causing the error in the software so those that don't have it can prevent it. 

I Plan to Stick Around

My netbox 3 PVR has never been above 12% capacity  but I have to reboot it over and over in order to watch a recording. That's not it.

Rogers needs to fix this. The list of effected users is growning. If there are multiple users on here with the issue, can you imagine how many are out there that do not come here to post? I bet there are thousands of customers effected by this issue....not that Rogers would ever admit that.

So far today, 3 reboots. If I go to live TV for a bit and then try to go back to a recording, it will happen again and again and again. It sure sucks the fun out of watching TV. Of course, it's -20 outside so it's not like we have much else to do.

THANKS ROGERS...AND PLEASE, TAKE YOUR TIME WITH THE FIX.....NO HURRY. WE ARE HAPPY TO KEEP REBOOTING OUT JUNKY NETBOX'S WHILE YOU FIGURE IT OUT

I've Been Around

Add another to the list of PVR problems as reported in this thread.

I Plan to Stick Around

Lovely, Even though I first reported this issue to tech support on the 6th of Feb, the ticket was not issued until Feb 11th. Wow...no wonder Rogers is taking forever to fix this problem. It takes them almost a week just to send a ticket to themselves. Unbelievable. I could have done it faster with a pair of tin cans and a kite string.

Man, I'm getting sick of this incompetence. Now they have a computer calling me every 2nd day to tell me nothing has changed. How about calling me when something IS done? Is that too much to ask?

Again, how many other users have to chime in with this same issue before they realize it's serious and not at my end?

I Plan to Stick Around

Add another to the list.  I have had this problem for over 3 weeks now.  Not happy.

Doug

I 100% understand the frustration with this. From what I've seen and my own experiences, there doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason as to which recordings decide to fail. A multi hour hockey game recording played just fine, but a 30 minute episode of Seinfeld wouldn't start without a reboot. Baffling.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

In my case, the entire recorded list either will or won't play. I have gone through the entire list to see if it was just certain recordings but it was global. I can either play any of the recordings or none of them. I have been in touch with 3 different Rogers reps and they all claim to be unaware of the issue......what a joke. The left hand never knows what the right is doing. That's not what you'd expect from a "communications giant" like Rogers. It's like they don't even bother to contact their own tech data before contacting me. They suggest the obvious troubleshooting steps over and over regardless of the fact that I've already done them multiple times with other reps. It's almost laughable....but for me, it's no laughing matter.

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats