Game of Thrones season 5?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Game of Thrones season 5?

I was catching up on Game of Thrones, watching season 4, waiting for season 5 to be available on demand.  Yesterday, season 5 was available on demand, I even watched 2 episodes (although not HD), so, i figured i would continue to watch today, but season 5 has now disappeared from the OD list? All seasons except 5. 1, 2, 3, 4, and 6 plus the extras, but no 5. What is going on? The main reason on getting HBO Canada was so I could get this show.

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Game of Thrones season 5?

Well, after doing everything except throwing the PVR out the window, I figured out something, that I should have realized all along. Game of Thrones season 5 is there, in SD ONLY? I'll probably bite the bullet and watch the season in SD, But why would it NOT be available in HD? So far, with all the troubles I am having with your ON Demand service, I would rate it a 2 out of 10, and that is being generous. I am trying to watch 2 different series (Girls and Bill Maher), i can't load all the episodes, had to skip the last 3 in season 1 of Girls, and missed about 1/3 of the Bill Maher shows. You really need to fix these issues A.S.A.P.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted

Hello @myopdotbiz,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 🙂

Catching up with your favourite shows is definitely important especially with the new season finally being launched next month.

I have tested this issue here in the office by tuning into channel 309 which is TMN’s Video on Demand (VOD) channel. I was able to view season 5 without any issues. It’s very strange that it’s not appearing for you all of a sudden.

Have you attempted a reboot of your Digital Terminal since noticing season 5 disappeared? You can reboot the Terminal by removing the power cord for 10 – 15 seconds and then reconnect it.

If you are still experiencing issues after attempting a reboot please let us know and we can investigate this further.

Regards,

RogersTony

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@RogersTony wrote:

Hello @myopdotbiz,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 🙂

Catching up with your favourite shows is definitely important especially with the new season finally being launched next month.

I have tested this issue here in the office by tuning into channel 309 which is TMN’s Video on Demand (VOD) channel. I was able to view season 5 without any issues. It’s very strange that it’s not appearing for you all of a sudden.

Have you attempted a reboot of your Digital Terminal since noticing season 5 disappeared? You can reboot the Terminal by removing the power cord for 10 – 15 seconds and then reconnect it.

If you are still experiencing issues after attempting a reboot please let us know and we can investigate this further.

Regards,

RogersTony

Unplugging the power is not the safest way to reboot and Rogers should not be recommending this method.

The reboot should be done through the menu's.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I usually access On Demand through the On Demand Button on the remote, takes me to channel 100, or I use 1000. So I tried your 309 TMN On Demand, and the same issue, no season 5? I do not understand why this is happening?

19260780_10154579613886770_4070466825326391511_n.jpg

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I rebooted several times lately, i usually hold the power button on the PVR for about 10 seconds, that will make it reboot, and have also done the unplug method as well. I could not find the place to do it within the menu?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@myopdotbiz:

If you have Navigatr firmware, press "Settings", Scroll up one to "Troubleshooting", select "Reboot",  Do not select Reset Factory Settings.

If you have the older SARA firmware, press "Guide" either once or twice to get to the "Quick Start Menu",  Scroll to "Self Service" select that, click "Need Help" and there should be an option to reboot come up.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Well, after doing everything except throwing the PVR out the window, I figured out something, that I should have realized all along. Game of Thrones season 5 is there, in SD ONLY? I'll probably bite the bullet and watch the season in SD, But why would it NOT be available in HD? So far, with all the troubles I am having with your ON Demand service, I would rate it a 2 out of 10, and that is being generous. I am trying to watch 2 different series (Girls and Bill Maher), i can't load all the episodes, had to skip the last 3 in season 1 of Girls, and missed about 1/3 of the Bill Maher shows. You really need to fix these issues A.S.A.P.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

What specific issues are you having with those other videos?

It may not be an issue with the OnDemand service itself in the end.

(still a rogers issue per say, but not on demand itself).

On demand (say vs regular cable) is even MORE dependent, on having a VERY GOOD signal.  If your signal is either very high or very low, it can cause issues with the two way communication needed to run the on demand stuff.. and can cause issues with playback.

As for the having only SD, etc..
It could be any myriad of things.  When rogers pays for the rights to channel X.. they pay for the rights just to be able to broadcast it.  They actually have to often pay separately for the SD and HD channels.
The same then comes down to On Demand.  They need to pay for both.  Assuming the channel owner even allows them to put it on demand.  And the channel owner can define the rights of how long its allowed to be available, etc.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Here are the issues that I have been having, say over the last 2-3 weeks, may not be in order, but here goes. 

I started watching the series Girls, watched the first 2 episodes, then when I went to watch the 3rd, it kept saying it was not available at this time, so I moved on to 4, same thing, I moved onto 5, it worked, as well as 6 and 7. but was unable to watch 8-10 of the first season. At 1 point, I was unable to watch any shows on demand, called into tech support, they fixed it (supposedly) in about 3 days. I went back to the shows that I could not watch, and they still do not work (tried an hour ago). I was watching Bill Maher, and during those shows, I would be watching, about 15 minutes in, it would continue to play, but it would go to the small screen that it does when it is in pause mode for a few minutes, if I continued to watch, I could not fast forward or rewind etc, but was able to finish the show, if I stopped the show, then restarted, or tried to, it would become unavailable. This happen apprx. 16 times out of 36 shows.  Been trying to watch season 2 of girls, and been having the same issues again, going to give up on that one. Just watched episode 3 of season 5 of Game of Thrones, albeit in SD, i didn't have any issues, YET. I just find that it is hit or miss when I want to watch any show, 50/50 at best that it will work or not, not good odds. I am a NEW customer as such, with the install happening in December, but like I said, these issues have been ongoing since almost day 1.

Thanks

Sorry for the long rant.