cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Previews

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hollywood Suite is again on free preview until January 5th. I don't know why Rogers have not yet updated their free preview page, which is out of date (at this time).

http://www.rogers.com/consumer/tv/free-previews?ipn=1

The link often remains the same, so if it's updated, you should see the current free previews, but you may wish to do a search for "free preview" on the Rogers Website instead.

I believe Animal Planet and other channels are also on free preview, but I'm not sure what the others are.

*Edited Labels*

51 REPLIES 51

Re: Free Previews

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Weird.  Some of the channels like Velocity, TLN have expired, while some others go until April or May. The free preview page rarely seems to be correct. C'mon Rogers.

MB911
I'm here a lot

How do we get Rogers to act on this to be sure that the free preview page is correct and updated???  Come on Rogers!!

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

Presently I'm seeing nothing on free previews. https://www.rogers.com/consumer/tv/free-previews

I wish Rogers would email all cable customers whenever something new appeared. But since I have a grandfathered VIP package, I don't believe I could add channels I don't already have except by getting one of the new packages with fewer channels for more money.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

Hello @OLDYELLR & @MB911,

I apologize for the delayed response.

We appreciate you took the time to bring this up to our attention!

The Free Previews page should have been updated since you posted.

Please let us know if you have any questions! Smiley Wink

RogersMaude

Looks good - thank you!!!

MB911
I'm here a lot

OK, Rogers.  Again, the free previews page is NOT updated.  

Do we have to send messages constantly asking you to update the page!

Come on, Rogers, update your free previews page!!

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@MB911 wrote:

OK, Rogers.  Again, the free previews page is NOT updated.  

Do we have to send messages constantly asking you to update the page!

Come on, Rogers, update your free previews page!!

I second that! I would have loved to know that Discovery Velocity (Ch 245) was back on free preview now that the Rolex 24 is on.  However, Rogers doesn't even show the race on their Guide I had to find out through Facebook and the Zap2it Guide. Rogers, what's the point of having a free preview if you don't announce it, and worse, not even show what's on in your Guide?

Hey @MB911 & @OLDYELLR,

Thank you both for your posts!

Could you please visit the www.rogers.com/freepreview to confirm that you see the page updated on your end?

I understand how frustrating it is to have to contact us to see the new information reflected on our website.

We always make it a priority to forward your feedback to the team in charge. 

Would you like us to dedicate a Blog for Free Previews update, when new information is made available to us?

Let us know your thoughts on this. We might be able to make it a monthly thing! 😉

RogersMaude

Thank you for updating the free previews.  Interestingly enough, there are a few previews that are already finished or finished in a couple of days since the page was updated.  This shows how essential it is to update the free previews page more regularly!!  Viewers are missing out on seeing the free previews since the information is not available!

Not sure about a blog - if free previews page is not updated, why would a blog be???

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@RogersMaude wrote:

Could you please visit the www.rogers.com/freepreview to confirm that you see the page updated on your end?

I understand how frustrating it is to have to contact us to see the new information reflected on our website.

We always make it a priority to forward your feedback to the team in charge. 

Would you like us to dedicate a Blog for Free Previews update, when new information is made available to us?

Let us know your thoughts on this. We might be able to make it a monthly thing! 😉

RogersMaude

I see no channels. I have VIP, not one of the new packages. Would that make a difference?

Yes to a blog.

I'm going to chime in, as well. The free preview page has nothing on it

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It's working fine for me, although it took about 1 second after initially going to the page to see the channels.  Have you got JavaScript enabled, or any adblockers or other extensions that could be problematical?  It's always good to have a "clean" (different?) browser that you can use to check problem issues.

I also noted that some of the channels will be coming off free preview today or tomorrow...

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

Everything is enabled. This is what I see.

preview.jpg

When I tune Channel 799, it's there but I get a "Currently not available" message.

Good evening @OLDYELLR,

Thank you for your reply!

The fact that you cannot access the Free Preview page is puzzling.

Have you tried to clear your browser's cache and delete the cookies?

Here is an idea of what should be available to you:

Name

Digital TV Channel

Ignite TV Channel

Start Date

End Date

ABC Spark HD

Multiple
See guide for channel numbers

42, 43, 44, 48, 56, 57, 58, 59, 208

14-Dec-2018

28-Feb-2019

BBC Earth

Ontario: 541
Hamilton: 249

04-Feb-2019

06-Apr-2019

Discovery Velocity HD

Ontario: 245, 534
Hamilton: 242

11-Jan-2019

07-Feb-2019

documentary Channel

Ontario: 325
Hamilton: 105

N/A

31-Jan-2019

05-Mar-2019

documentary Channel HD

60, 258

31-Jan-2019

05-Mar-2019

Fairchild (East)

31-Jan-2019

27-Feb-2019

Fairchild (West)

Ontario: 802
Hamilton: 517

31-Jan-2019

27-Feb-2019

Fairchild TV 2 HD

31-Jan-2019

27-Feb-2019

LS Times

28-Jan-2019

17-Feb-2019

If you don't have access to these channels, please start troubleshooting by rebooting your digital terminal.

Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance!

RogersMaude

That's exactly what I see too. It's been like that for a couple of weeks now. I've never had that problem before.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@RogersMaude  Even after clearing Rogers cache and cookies, that link still only shows me nothing, just like the screen grab I show above.

I then tried an experiment and opened the link in Chrome. Voila! it shows all those channels in your table graphically and I have to click Details to see the preview schedule for each channel.

So that's what the problem is. Rogers is not Firefox Friendly. Your web developers have some work to do.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@Bodster wrote:

That's exactly what I see too. It's been like that for a couple of weeks now. I've never had that problem before.

If the free preview page shows you nothing, there is a tab at the side for feedback. Click it and tell Rogers, including what Browser you use.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The Free Preview link is again out of date. Rogers, please update.

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/tv/free-previews?setLanguage=en

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The Free Preview link has been updated.  SuperChannel is on free preview, but only for a few more days.  It includes SC On-Demand (channel 338), which contains HD & SD, unlike what it stated on the link below (SD)

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/tv/free-previews

MB911
I'm here a lot

Sigh.  The previews are not updated.  Again.

Rogers, please fix this.

Good day @MB911,

Thanks for your post! While some channels free preview ended and new ones will start, the page is normally updated with the latest information available.

You can view the start and end date of the channels displayed by clicking on the drop down next to "DETAILS".

freepreview.png

You should currently have access to:

• Game+
  • GameTV
  • Fight Network

As of October 1st, you'll be able to access:

• CHRGD
  • Family Channel
  • Family Jr.
  • Food Network
  • W Network
  • YTV

You can find this information at www.rogers.com/freepreview

Were you looking for a channel in particular?

Let us know if you have any questions. 😊

RogersMaude

Topic Stats