Free Nextbox 2.0

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Free Nextbox 2.0

There was a giveaway promo for the Next Box 2.0 for users of the little digital to analog box.

So I got one for my Mom.

I set it up and it works fine. Except the dvrsection. When I try to use it (list, rec, etc.) it gives

the error: Device not configured by provider. Or something like it.

When i look through the air wents I can see an hard drive in there. How do I configure it.

There is nothing in the setup menu.

Please help.

***Edited Labels***

Re: Free Nextbox 2.0

Hi @telios,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for your post.

We can definitely take a look into this for you. Please contact us via PM @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further.

To learn more about our Private Messaging system, you can visit here. 

RogersZia

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@RogersZia wrote:

Hi @telios,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for your post.

We can definitely take a look into this for you. Please contact us via PM @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further.

To learn more about our Private Messaging system, you can visit here. 

RogersZia

I would like to know the answer as well.

Is there a reason you can't post the answer for the rest of us?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @mfait

It could be that it's specific to each account and they need to access the account to fix it.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I'm not sure if it's the case here, but many of the 8642s have been returned to Rogers as people get 9865s, etc. Since there is very little demand for these 8642s, Rogers refurbishes them and uses them as Set Top Boxes, but they do not function as PVRs.  I believe they sometimes label these 8600 models.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Thats my thought as well 57.

Especially if this was a free box instead of just a basic DTA or that sort of thing, that its set up as a set top box and not PVR.

The 4642s even, are labeled Nextbox 2.0.. that whole series, etc through rogers.. only the NB3 really is stand alone that if you have a 3, its a PVR, etc.