Free Digital Adapter dead - now what?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Free Digital Adapter dead - now what?

I have a single "free" digital adapter that I use on a bedroom TV - along with 5 owned Rogers boxes elsewhere. Just yesterday, the free adapter is only giving me snow. I still get sound. And I can hear that I can change channels on it. But it seems like the RF modulator on it is dead, at least so far as the video portion goes.

Now, this is kind of a "dead" product for Rogers now, isn't it? Or do they still have stock in stores for replacements? Although, considering my account doesn't have any "free" SD/HD boxes on it, seems like I should be able to get something regardless...

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Free Digital Adapter dead - now what?

You could check with a store..

If not, give them a call.. may be something a tech has to swap?

I Plan to Stick Around

Digital adapters should still be available in stores. Some people say its a "dead" product now cause they've attached a rental fee to them now.
You should be able to swap yours without any fees at your local Rogers store.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

...and here's the post on the Digital Adapter fees:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/message...

Which was a clarification of post 17 earlier in the thread.

"Existing customers who are currently paying $0 for the rental of the digital adapter will not be affected.... Let’s say she needed to swap her existing $0 rental digital adapter, there is no charge."

Get Ready!