Fox News HD

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Fox News HD

In these very different times it is important to understand what is being said by all sides.

That's my main argument for being able to tune into Fox News HD when I think it necessary.

I'm Here A Lot

why don't we have Fox News HD? Why do we not have access to the Fox News app like we do do for CNN for live TV? I think more than a few people would appreciate this
I'm Here A Lot

Message from Rogers on Twitter: Thanks for reaching out to us today! I can certainly understand the need to have these channels in HD! Regrettably we do not have any say in how the channels are broadcast as it would be a decision that would need to be made from the broadcasters themselves. -Dawn

thanked Dawn, contacted Fox, will update this post as soon as I hear back.
I Plan to Stick Around

Any update on this? The previous response makes little sense, as foxnews is available in HD in canada on services from other providers.

Retired Moderator RogersCilio
Retired Moderator

Hey @343sj

At this time we have no updates on when Fox News would be available in HD on our network. Feel free to share your suggestions here.

Thank you,

RogersCilio

I've Been Around

Once again Rogers is shadow blocking any conservative viewpoints, or at the very least making them incredibly undesirable to access. It makes absolutely no sense that the most popular cable news network would be blocked from HD access in Canada. This not only applies to HD but also as a service provider to view any online content(Shaw is listed). I pay for SD just to receive the channel and can’t figure out why this blocking continues? No clear answer from Rogers or staff on this, after many years! C’mon Rogers, get with the program.

Greetings!

If anyone wishes to have an off-topic discussion regarding Fox News, you can do so safely here: Fox News why not full HD?

This thread is *specifically* for discussion of Fox News in HD. 

Regards,

RogersCorey

I Plan to Stick Around

Fox News in HD today!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@TheArcher 

I believe you may have just supplied some Fake News.  😉  Sorry to burst your bubble, but the quality is obviously not HD (on my channel 181). It's SD (480 x 720) utilizing AFD to fill the screen  (format confirmed in the STB diagnostics).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Active_Format_Description

The same is utilized by some other channels like Juicebox (707), Loud (705), Vibe (704), Retro (703), etc.

I'm Here A Lot

Not HD but at least it isn't in letterbox anymore.  Hard to believe you have to pay a premium at Rogers to watch the most popular HD cable news channel in North America but you get the least popular according to the  ratings for free, that being CNN.  Really there is no contest in the ratings , Fox is so far in front the rest of them added up together don't match Fox in the ratings.   Must be cheaper  for Rogers  to get CNN HD.   I note that CNN pays U.S airports to put up there TV's and programming so maybe they kick something back to a network like Rogers as well where Fox doesn't need them given the popularity in the U.S..   One step at at time ,  maybe full HD is next.