Fox News HD

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Fox News HD

For those of us like you and others and me;  I think we have seen the writing on the wall for a long time now.

I don't think that for us who felt treated like loyal customers, staying with a company that really had done its best to be a leader and to meet our desires for particular programming at affordable pricing, with little negotiation, that our patience is beginning to be worn thin.  I know times change, but doesn't mean we can't be displeased by it and rant a bit, but at some point, I have concluded for me at least, we have to move on or just accept it. 

For me though, I am moving to a point in my financial life where I am not willing to pay for things that I just have to accept.  Guess, with age, wisdom does come, but at its own pace.

I had a discussion with an excellent customer retention person who agreed with me that my desires for TV mix cost me a fortune because I have to have their defined mix which has little that I can't get over an antenna, and I can't just buy the channels I want - we agreed that maybe Canada will move in that direction as that is where the American market is going with its Internet offerings of specialty channels, and with the move by CRTC to begin to push networks that they have to become competitive with the international market, and with that, we will have to loosen Canadian content rules and we will have to compete.

Time will tell, but for now, we can get most things, if you want to pay for it, and if you will take it sometimes in formats that we don't desire. The BDU's really do have a non-competitive oligarchy.

Don't know if I am off task on this HD topic that there are a couple dealing with different things, but I am getting confused by which ones are which anymore.

Bruce

I've Been Here Awhile

It seems Rogers is now displaying Fox in full HD. It seemed to happen this week. FINALLY!!!!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

On my box it's still SD with AFD, just like several weeks ago.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Fox-News-HD/m-p/418044#M45524

I Plan to Stick Around

I'm afraid "Senior Advisor" is correct...the SD signal containing 360 lines of horizontal resolution which was previously being displayed in letterbox format has simply been zoomed by 1/3 to fill the screen, presumably as a result of AFD protocol from the originator or Rogers Cable TV. So, the resolution is exactly 1/3 that of a true 1080i HD signal (e.g. CNN HD), or if you will 1/2 that of a true 720p HD signal (e.g. CBC News World HD). The picture is now so blurry and fuzzy that it gives me a headache to watch it unless I look at it from the next room.

If anybody from Rogers is out there, PLEASE provide us with the HD feed for Fox News Channel, CNBC and MSNBC, and get rid of the garbage channels like Fireplace, Fishtank and French Channels.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@TinyTim wrote:

If anybody from Rogers is out there, PLEASE provide us with the HD feed for Fox News Channel, CNBC and MSNBC, and get rid of the garbage channels like Fireplace, Fishtank and French Channels.

I'm sure it costs Rogers little or nothing to broadcast those fireplace and fishtank channels. I only receive CNBC in SD and no Fox News or MSNBC at all with VIP, not even by subscription. As for the French channels, they're mandated because this is Canada.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
Retired Moderator RogersCilio
Retired Moderator

Hey folks!

We heard your feed back loud and clear! I'm happy to share, starting today, we’ll be launching Fox News Channel in high definition (HD). With HD, the picture on the screen is clearer, less fuzzy and the text is easier to read. To enjoy the full HD experience we recommend watching the channel on an HD set-top box attached to an HDTV. 

There is no additional cost for HD if customers subscribe to the standard definition (SD) version of the channel.  Customers can see Fox News Channel HD on channel 181 or 1206 in New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Quebec and 181 in Ontario (excl. Hamilton).  Hamilton-Mountain customers can see the HD feed on channel 468.

Hope ya'll enjoy the experience!

RogersCilio

I'm Here A Lot

Thank you so much! I love when companies listen to customer feedback, It's hard to wade through the reams of comments and to make changes.

If you are scrolling through the comments, please make sure next time that Senior Advisors aren't condescending. This could a cool opportunity for retraining!

Good job Rogers… It's almost as if change in the air around your parts...

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks from me also.

I'm a Senior Advisor

I am pleased that you now have the service and yes, it has been a long time to be heard and changes received, so congrats

As for training - I am a senior advisor - I do not work for Rogers, I do not get training from Rogers, and if anything I have said appears condescending it is not intended to be and for that I apologize.  These titles really don't mean anything unless you are the type that likes titles - I am retired - gave up on the title game long time ago.

We all have a title and the more you are here participating, the higher the assumed prestige of the title.

Senior Advisor is a title that has been created by an alogorithm under the concepts of what is known as gaming theory - it is designed, along with the awards to try to encourage users to interact with the board - in effect, each response, like given moves a user up the ladder of terms that they describe us as.  It is kind of like how many friends do you have on Facebook, how many posts does a tweet get and leads to trending reports, keeps you coming back to see the comments and likes.  How those levels are earned, the Forum staff will not say, it is not public.

You are here a lot it says, people like what you say, or respond - the only way to say a dislike is a response.

I moved up my levels, have never paid much attention, wish it would go away, because once you get there, you have to keep explaining that we are just like everyone else, a consumer and user of Rogers services, with something to say or comment on and most importantly, it gives the impression to some that we have something to do with the Rogers company.  I hate them as much as the next person, but also like many things too.

Senior advisors like me just have information that we feel is helpful - in my case, I talk a lot about pricing, currently on privacy policies, in the past on the poor implementation of Navigatr, and fighting to get details on our bill, all done with the interaction of others, all resulting in change.  It was Navigatr, all 2 years of that fight that moved me up most of the titles given to us.

It all reflects our opinion, and often attempts to help, or in this one to suggest keep fighting, but that Rogers had never done it in over a decade.  I am glad you and others ignored us saying that we have trouble seeing it coming, and kept fighting for it.  I will take it as a retraining though and realize that sometimes when attempting to explain how Rogers works, I am actually supporting their actions, and for that I appreciate the feedback.

and again, if you find anything anyone on the board says condescending, if it violates the terms, we hear about it and it gets edited, and you can always contact the person privately.

But very pleased to hear that those who wanted Fox in HD have now received it.  It is through these forums, along with communication in other ways that these changes occur.

Enjoy your new viewing experience.  The power of the voice wins again. 

Bruce

minor edits for clarity made by me.

I've Been Around

In our area, SPACE HD is either cable 50 or 55