Fox News HD

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Fox News HD

was it available in even the regular VIP before?

Dont recall ever seeing it. (not that i would EVER watch fox news for actual news)

Rogers Employee lockdown2341
Rogers Employee

Actually I had three people call in last night about the debates and wanting to watch them. According to the internet search I did, it was only airing on Fox BUSINESS News, which is a channel that ROGERS doesn't even carry.

I'm a Senior Advisor

I don't know about Fox News, but BBC World News used to be available on VIP.  But it's a shame that only centre-left news channels are all that's available unless you subscribe to that news package. News should be impartial, or at least balanced.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Senior Advisor

@OLDYELLR wrote:

I don't know about Fox News, but BBC World News used to be available on VIP.  But it's a shame that only centre-left news channels are all that's available unless you subscribe to that news package. News should be impartial, or at least balanced.

Then thats a problem with the channels, isn't it?  Not Rogers.

Its not Rogers responsibility to make sure everyone has equal access to both the right wing and left wing nutjobs on tv.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Nope, the government and CRTC ensures the mandated channels only have the left wing nutjobs. Smiley LOL

I'm Here A Lot

@Gdkitty wrote:

was it available in even the regular VIP before?

Dont recall ever seeing it. (not that i would EVER watch fox news for actual news)

Fox News doesn't have actual news? I'm guessing you've never watched it.

I've Been Here Awhile

I have been asked this questions for ever but no one in Rogers care, they ignore this question.

In my Rogers bundles I pay for extra news pack, only to have FoxNews at channel 181.  Why this channel in Rogers Canada is not HD? in the same time other news channel are full HD?

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@shai167 Good luck with that. Canada's media industry is predominantly left-leaning.  Any news channels not of the same ideology are not considered legitimate news, but freak shows.

I'm getting a similar problem with PBS, which is certainly not right wing. I like to watch Austin City Limits, but most of the channels that air it at no extra cost, like WQLN, Rogers only have in SD.  Channel 525 WNED, which is HD, doesn't have it regularly.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

I'm replying to a VERY OLD post in this thread (from 2012 - post #7 - where @angelus_025 says (regarding Fox News) "You will be much better informed if you watch the Fireplace Channel over Fox News, or you can just make things up in your head, that is the equivalent of what you will get if you actually watch the channel."

It's funny that you say this, angelus, because studies have shown that viewers of Faux Noise actually KNOW LESS than people who WATCH NO NEWS AT ALL.  Studies of the audiences of various news shows note that those who watch Fox News are the LEAST well informed group out of everybody - and the audience who watch Rachel Maddow are the BEST informed.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

And when is the Canadian Sun Media news channel going to be in HD?   Oh - wait a minute ....