Food Network not available/not working properly

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Food Network not available/not working properly

Just an FYI as it's not been posted yet and might help someone looking for this issue here:

I noticed Friday afternoon that the Food Network Canada (HD) was not working on my 8642HD, just got a black screen. I checked channel #56 and it's 500-range #597, same, and then checked my other box (HD, non PVR) and it was the same thing.

Late last night I called in to tech support and was told that there had been an issue but was believed to be solved.. and after checking my signal remotely and getting me to reboot my boxes, they said they'd escalate the issue and get it fixed.

Still not working today, so I called back and while waiting to speak to a tech heard a recorded announcement saying Food Network Canada was experiencing difficulty across Ontario.

The issue is being worked on but as a temporary workaround, I was told to try channel #258 - the SD version of Food Network Canada. That works.

***Edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Food Network not available/not working properly

Odd, may be select areas effected?

Appeared to be fine for me last night.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello theClubHopper

Which area are you in? I live in Scarborough and mine works just fine. Like Gdkitty said.. It may vary in the areas

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It was down here last night though Smiley Sad
So may be speratic?

I Plan to Stick Around

It is funny that now I have this exact problem for one month.

I called support, they just say this is an known and no ETA for the fix. What goes wrong here?

I've Been Around

The same thing as was described in the first post in 2013 is happening to me now.  HD channel not working but SD channel still ok.  It sounds like a recurring problem that I hope will eventually be fixed.

I've Been Around

I have recorded a few programs on the Food Network, and the playback quality was choppy. I noticed that the channel itself does not work properly. The channel itself is a black, without any audio. I pay for this channel and yet it does not work! How am I supposed to watch Top Chef Canada All-Stars?? 

- Viewer from Toronto

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@annaluo28:

Food Network is coming in fine here in Toronto.  A black screen almost always indicates that you have a poor signal in your home or in your neighbourhood. Call Rogers and have them check the signal in your home and neighbourhood. They can do this remotely.  Here's a post on the topic:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/message...