FX On Demand

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

FX On Demand

Does anyone get the FX On Demand channel? We have the FX channel in our package, but when we go to the On Demand screen, and select FX On Demand, it comes up as "You are not subscribed..." ... this is actually the same for many channels we get, such as Lifetime, etc... while others work fine.

I called customer service, and the first time no one could figure out the problem. The second time I called and got someone else, and they said that even if the channel is displayed there on the On Demand screen, it's not always available from the provider and that's why we get the message, it's not just us or our tv package.

Is this true for everyone?

***edited labels***

Retired Moderator RogersArthur
Retired Moderator

Re: FX On Demand

Hi @nkay,

Thank you for your patience, I understand you're looking to get the FX On Demand channel to work. You mentioned the "You are not subscribed..." error is happening for many channels, while others work fine. Do you have an example of the channels it works on compared to the channels it dose not work on? Did you try accessing the FX On Demand channel online? I tried the FX from channel 507 and it worked fine for me! Are you able able to give this a try?

Please keep us posted,
RogersArthur

I'm an Advisor

Check if your package includes FX ON DEMAND.

Some packages are light when it comes to ON DEMAND.

I get it with the VIP pkg. But there are only 4 progams names in

FX on demand.

Here is what is in each pkg. Good luck figuring it out.

https://www.rogers.com/web/link/ptvBrowsePackagesFlowBegin?forwardTo=landing

I Plan to Stick Around

I am on the Extra Plus package which includes the FX channel. I have no problems accessing the FX channel, but if I want to watch the FX on demand from the Roger's On Demand menu on my TV, it tells me I'm not subscribed.
According to customer service, it is this way for everyone if there is no content available, but I don't quite believe that, it would be a different error if so.

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi @RogersArthur, the FX channel 507 is the normal channel, yes I get that. Try going to On Demand, then drill through to Channels, and select the FX on Demand channel. 

I'm an Advisor

@nkay wrote:
I am on the Extra Plus package which includes the FX channel. I have no problems accessing the FX channel, but if I want to watch the FX on demand from the Roger's On Demand menu on my TV, it tells me I'm not subscribed.
According to customer service, it is this way for everyone if there is no content available, but I don't quite believe that, it would be a different error if so.

I (with VIP package)  get four series when I go to  FX ON-DEMAND.

The Strain

Married

Tyrant

Sex&drugs&rock&roll

Ask ROGERS if your package includes FX ON-DEMAND

Retired Moderator RogersArthur
Retired Moderator

Hi @nkay,

Thank you for the information, it was helpful. Smiley Happy Also like to thank @park

Unfortunately the FX On Demand channel is not included with the Extra Plus package, in order to get the FX On Demand channel you would need to have subscribed to the one of our VIP Packages. Either the VIP Package, VIP Ultimate with TMN or the VIP Ultimate with Super Channel packageThese packages would include the required provisioning to allow full access to the FX On Demand channel, avoiding the error message.

•  Below is  a list of our available package offers

Hope this helps,
RogersArthur

Includes all popular local, U.S. network stations and select speciality channels.  
Get all the channels in Digital TV plus more speciality channels.

This package will suit your in-market sports needs. Also included is a healthy mix of speciality channels plus one premium add-on of your choice. ​  
Everything in Digital TV plus more lifestyle and reality shows. Included is a healthy mix of popular music, movies, speciality channels and one premium add-on of your choice. ​  
All of the channels in Digital TV plus a balanced mix of sports, lifestyle, music, movies, speciality channels and one premium add-on of your choice.  
Our most popular package with all the channels included in Digital Plus and even more speciality channels.

With all the channels included in Digital VIP and even more speciality channels, Ultimate VIP gives you Premium Timeshifting, U.S. Super Stations and The Movie Network/HBO.  
With all the channels included in Digital VIP and even more speciality channels, Ultimate VIP gives you premium Timeshifting, U.S. Super Stations and Super Channel/TMN Encore.

1. Not all services available in all regions.Channels and programming differ by region. (Call 1-888-ROGERS1 for a complete list of eligible regions).
One-time installation fee of $49.99 may apply. Digital Cable and Digital Box or HD Box purchase or rental required to receive Digital or HD programming respectively. If rented, monthly digital box or HD box rental fees apply. See www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=cable_hardware_page for options.

2. Desktop: Available in Canada with an internet connection. Programming content differs depending on level of Rogers subscription. Charges apply for some On Demand content. For more information visit www.RogersAnyplaceTV.com. Tablet: Rogers Anyplace TV Tablet app available to Rogers customers with a compatible device. See applicable app store for eligibility. Data charges may apply. Content availability dependent on customers cable subscription. Smartphone: Compatible device and Rogers wireless data plan required. Rogers Anyplace TV app downloadable from applicable app stores. A recurring $5/mo charge will apply if using the Rogers wireless network for 10 hours content viewing during applicable month (no carry over) and overage of $1/hr applies thereafter (overage waived for limited time). Data charges may apply to some advertising appearing with on demand content viewed through the app. Some content availability dependent on customers cable subscription. Visit rogers.com/mobiletv for details and compatible devices.
3. Charges apply to some On Demand programming content.
4. Each additional room/TV requires a NextBox HD terminal networked with the NextBox HD PVR (professional installation required). One Nextbox HD PVR rental and one Nextbox HD terminal rental included in each Nextbox 2.0 package. Each additional Nextbox HD terminal rental $12.95/mo.
5. Rogers Anyplace TV Home Edition only available in Ontario to Rogers customers with a My Rogers account, consolidated billing, and select HD digital set top boxes (9865 HDPVR, 8642 HDPVR, 4642 HD, 8300 HDPVR and 4250 HD). Customers must download the Rogers Anyplace TV Home Edition app from applicable app store (free to download). Wireless data charges deducted from usage allowance or at pay per use rate for set/manage/record and remote control features outside of Wi-Fi. Live streaming feature (currently only available on tablets) only available within your home over your own Wi-Fi connection and requires subscription to Hi-Speed Internet (Hybrid Fibre 10 and above) and Rogers Digital TV (excluding Digital Starter Pack) and compatible iPad or Android tablet. Internet usage deducted from your usage allowance or charged at per GB rate for your tier. Live TV content selection is limited. Visit rogers.com/GetAnyplaceTVHome for full details.

6. Includes subscription only. Standard data overage/roaming charges apply. My Rogers account registration required. Some blackouts and other restrictions apply based on your location at time of viewing. Other conditions apply. Visit rogers.com/terms for full terms and conditions. Data consumption is approx. 1GB/game when streamed to a smartphone and approx. 2-5GB/game when streamed to a tablet, computer, gaming console or TV (varies based on length of game, stream quality, device and other factors). Data usage exceeding your plan allotment (overage) is charged in increments rounded up to the next MB or GB (as applicable based on your plan). Standard roaming charges apply when not on the Rogers wireless network.

I'm a Senior Advisor

I have the VIP Package and see FX on channels 95, 318 amd 507.  But when I go to ROD (Channel 100) and TV Shows, FX is not among the channels included. Why would that be?

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm an Advisor

@OLDYELLR wrote:

I have the VIP Package and see FX on channels 95, 318 amd 507.  But when I go to ROD (Channel 100) and TV Shows, FX is not among the channels included. Why would that be?

Gotta click on the Drama and Comedies box. its in there.

I'm a Senior Advisor

I don't see Drama and Comedies under TV Shows. (I have the SA8300HD and may not see the same menu as on the newer boxes.)

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario