FX Canada - Black Screen

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

FX Canada - Black Screen

I've had Digital VIP for a few years now. FX Canada has worked for me since it was added to the line-up. This past week it's stopped working.

Really upset that I'm missing American Horror Story right now. Anyone else having this issue or know how to fix it?

Thanks

***Edited labels***

I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: FX Canada - Black Screen

Working on my tv.

I've Been Around

Mine in the living room is a black screen, no sound yet my son gets it upstairs. Pissin me off. just re set online and rebooted, hope that works

That worked, re - authorized online, then re booted box by unplugging and now fx canada is coming in.

I'm a Regular

Not sure if this is the case with FX Canada or not but I have noticed that Rogers is trying to quietly remove channels from tiers hoping you'll pay extra to get them back. Removing channels from packages like VIP is kind of a sleazy move but the only way to fight back is to change providers

I'm a Senior Advisor

I have VIP. I'm getting it on 318 (SD) and 565 (HD).

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Same as OLDYELLER, but also get it on
CH - 59 (HD)

I've Been Around

I have the same problem. I called Rogers and they said Fx Canada has moved to the VIP plus package and the only way I could get it is to upgrade. I agree with mike017. How upsetting.

I'm a Senior Advisor

I don't know what VIP Plus is, but I have Digital VIP Cable and it says,

*Your Plan includes:
- Extended Basic
- Extra Outlets
- VIP Extra Pack

I still get FX Canada

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello OLDYELLER

Some reps call VIP Package VIP Plus. In the end, if you have a VIP package or higher, u get that channel. Any lower package, u will not get it.

I've Been Around

FX Canada anc Channel 11 seem to be off at the same time on my younger brother's Nextbox3,  A reboot of the box gets rid of the problem. I have had to do this at least 3 times since I acquired the Nextbox3 in November. The other digital cable boxes do not have the same problem.