F1 Qualifying on TSN5 pixelating.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

F1 Qualifying on TSN5 pixelating.

Watching my recording of F1 Qualifying on TSN 5 today I saw an awful lot of pixelating, stuttering, even pausing. I always worry when I see that stuff whether my PVR is failing. But maybe it's just Sky feed. Can anyone else confirm this?

***Edited Labels***

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

Re: F1 Qualifying on TSN5 pixelating.

Hey @OLDYELLR,

I checked TSN5 for both Ignite and Digital TV and it seems to be okay right now. 

Did anyone else in the Community have the same issue during the F1 Qualifying?

RogersZia

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@OLDYELLR : As you know I'm also an F1 fan. I watched all of the qualifying and didn't see any pixellation.   Poor Signal or Hard Drive on your trusty 8300.

I'm a Senior Advisor

The signal on TSN5 is good, Level -3 dBmV and S/N 37 dB.  No hard drive errors. Today's race recording only only had one little stutter. The race was on both TSN1 and TSN5, so if I'd recorded both I could compare. I also have another SA8300HD. Maybe next time, or any time, I'll do simultaneous recordings on both and see if there are identical glitches.

My ISP is going to fibre which will be available in my area in August. I've already ordered a switch to that from VDSL, which will actually be faster and cheaper. They also offer Internet similar to Ignite TV, but with better options and choices, so I have a couple of months or more to decide if bundling that too will work out better than my VIP.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario