I apologize for the negative experience you are having with the service. We can further help troubleshoot if you can provide the community with more details of the issue you are having.
1. Description of the exact issue.
2. Are you in Ontario and where?
3. What type of digital box do you have?
4. Do you have more than one box? If yes, is this issue happening on all boxes?
Any details would help. We would love to try and help resolve
Annnnnnd....the saga continued: As of this weekend, the problem is back.
Have you checked if your TVs have ambient light sensors? I have had customers in the past who had a similar issue resolved by adjusting settings on their TV that interfere with IR sensors. Not to say that the TV is causing the issue, but the settings on the TV can be further explored as an option to rule out the possibility. We can also have a technician out to check your wiring and ensure there are no signal issues. Please let us know!
Have you checked if your TVs have ambient light sensors? I have had customers in the past who had a similar issue resolved by adjusting settings on their TV that interfere with IR sensors.
As I stated previously in this thread, there has been no change in our equipment or environment so I'm reticent to focus on external influences (since, for the past many years, there has been no interaction issues). Even so, to satisfy you, we covered the TV's sensors and IR receivers and as expected that made no difference.
By way of a follow up and to close this topic, the problem ultimatly was a faulty DCX3400. Rogers technician came out to the house to verifiy and simply replaced it (after first trying to somehow blame our TV of course).
He noted that it is a "very rare" problem, but one which they do in fact come accross.
Problems with my NEXTBOX HDPVR for about 3 to 4 years now
I am pretty sure that I have replaced the pvr about 4 times now, called 3 times for support and one tech came and told me that he had the same issues at home.
1. Pvr becomes super super slow to respond, for changing channels it may take about 1 to 2 minutes, even 5 minutes. Sometimes, I turn the channel, put down the remote and it changes channels after a while.
2. If I use the fast forward or rewind keys on the remote it often will take some time to respond and then I cannot stop it, it will rewind to the beginning or fast forward to the end. Often I miss the end of a movie because I wanted to fast forward or rewind and could not stop it and it will freeze up.
3 I will come home to a frozen pvr stuck on one channel with a blank screen
4. Sometimes the PVR will become unresponsive and after a couple of minutes all lights will come on and it will reboot.
... I could go on for hours 🙂
I have a temporary fix, if the pvr becomes unresponsive I will hold the up or down channel key for about 2 to 3 minutes or until it will respond
and then I must change to a lower channel like 2,3 4 and then it will pick up speed and I am good for a while.
All this started after a Big Ice storm and my Rogers cable got broken by ice and reconnected by Rogers
My 3 year contract ends this month.
Rogers service in NB , CA