Extra channels added to Premier package?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Extra channels added to Premier package?

There was a message on my recent bill stating that effective September 4th MSNBC, TLN, Love Nature, Smithsonian and BBC Earth will be added to the Premier package. As of now only TLN is showing up all my boxes (due to TLN on free preview). 

Checking the Rogers website I noticed that these channels are still listed as bonus channels. Just wondering if this is just an error or if the date stated was wrong. I’m in Scarborough and have the Premier package. 

Thanks!

Solved! Go to Solution.

Re: Extra channels added to Premier package?

Afternoon @fspilot,

Welcome to the Community 🙂 and thank you for your inquiry!

You are correct, as of September 4th 2018, BBC Earth, Love Nature, Smithsonian Channel, Telelatino, and MSNBC have been added to to the Premier TV package. These channels were indeed available as part of the bonus channels but are now part of the package line up. If you currently have any of the above channels added as a bonus channel, they would be replaced. If you'd like, you can also make changes to the bonus channel once every 30 days via your MyRogers account. 

In addition, if you were previously paying for any of the channels mentioned above as standalone options,  we will stop charging you effective September 4th 2018.

Please let us know if you have any other questions pertaining to this.

RogersZia

I'm Here A Lot

Thanks for your reply @RogersZia. As of now those channels except TLN come up as not authorized on all my boxes. I unplugged and rebooted all the boxes and reauthorized the boxes to no avail. 

Could it be an account-related issue?

Hello @fspilot,

It is possible it could be an account related issue that is preventing the channels from being authorized on your box. There is usually a system update that is done at 3 AM that may have rectified this for you. Please test out the channels again today and let us know if they still appear as "Not Authorized".

If it is still not working, please send us a Private Message to @CommunityHelps so we can Investigate this for you and see what could be causing this issue. If you are not familiar with our Private Messaging system please CLICK HERE.

We look forward to your response!

RogersTony

Hello @fspilot,

We have received confirmation from our second level of support for Cable TV and there does appear to be a delay in the changes to the Premier TV channel lineup. The channels will be added on or after September 7th instead of September 4th as previously communicated.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused by the delay. Thank you for bringing this to our attention by creating this thread.

Keep us posted if these channels start working by end of the day tomorrow!

RogersTony

I'm Here A Lot

You are welcome and will notify at end of day tomorrow. I accepted your post as a solution.
I'm Here A Lot

Channels are working. I had to reset and reboot the boxes. 

I've Been Around

Hi. I was following this thread because I am having the same issue.  I still don't have access to the new channels. I rebooted my box again today, but nothing. If anyone can assist that would be great.

Bryan

I'm Here A Lot

I had to reset/reauthorize my boxes to get them to work. Rebooting on their own didn’t work. My guess would be that the system didn’t reauthorize all of the Premier package subscribers yet. 

I'm Here A Lot

Hi Tony - I have the same issue and have rebooted. I still cannot view these channels.

Patrick
Topic Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 5 in conversation