Explorer 8300HD Skipping Series Recording

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Explorer 8300HD Skipping Series Recording

Im hoping someone can help me with this. I still have an older PVR, the Explorer 8400HD, and it works great with one exception. When I set up a series to record All Episodes - On this channel this day in this time slot - it will occasionally skip recording some episodes. 

Does anyone one else have this issue, and if so, is there a fix? I'd prefer not to get a newer Next Box as I have one in another room and it has its own separate issues. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Explorer 8300HD Skipping Series Recording

@ophelial:

Can you provide examples of the programming you miss?  With a "timeslot" recording, if the programme starts even one minute late in the IPG, the programme will not record.  If the programme is only on once a day, do not use the timeslot option.

Also, if the signal strength is not good, the programme will not record. Call Rogers and have them check your signal.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@ophelial wrote:

Im hoping someone can help me with this. I still have an older PVR, the Explorer 8400HD, and it works great with one exception. When I set up a series to record All Episodes - On this channel this day in this time slot - it will occasionally skip recording some episodes. 

Does anyone one else have this issue, and if so, is there a fix? I'd prefer not to get a newer Next Box as I have one in another room and it has its own separate issues. 

I guess you mean 8300HD, as in the title.

That's what I have and it appears to be more reliable than what I'm reading about the Nextbox the last couple of years, I set my series recordings as "First run only this channel".  Whenever there's a repeat of the show, it doesn't record. Right now, for whatever reason, there have been some repeats, so no recordings, If you set it to "This channel, this day, this time slot" you'll get all the repeats but also miss shows because sometimes the start time will be off by a minute.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Here Awhile

Sorry for my delaly in responding - I don't check my Rogers email often enough.

Thanks for replying. It could be that the shows perhaps start 1 minute later than expected. I haven't noticed any timing issues however.

Typically it skip recording a program like . 's Kitchen on CityTV. I haven't had problems with the signal strength when I'm watching live TV.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I agree - the Nextbox is not great at recording series. I've had the same issue with the box I have in another room. That's why I'm trying to keep my 8300HD box for as long as I can!