Existing Recordings

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Existing Recordings

I am wondering how the new nextbox Navigatr handles series recordings. I typically setup "record all new" type events. What I am wondering is it there is a way to see those events in the new navigatr or even if they exist. It is coming to a new season and don't know if I am going to have to recreate new events for the new premiers or if the ones from last season still exist.  As an another example if I create a "record all new even now" when is that event deleted from the system. Thoughts? 

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator

Re: Existing Recordings

Hi @tjeffreys

Welcome to the Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Below are the step to record new espisodes when recording a series.

Set Up Recording Using the Info Bar

1. Tune to the channel you want to record.
  2. Press [INFO].
  3. Select one of the following recording options:
  • Record this Program – To record highlighted program.
  • Record Series – to record the series of the highlighted program.

SetRecording4.png

4. Under the option Record Series select New Espisodes in Series

@RogersPrasana

I've Been Here Awhile

Sorry , but that is not my question. I know how to setup a recording. I am asking about what was known as "Scheduled Recordings" in the prior version of navigatr if I remember correctly. Maybe an example will help. Last season I had say an event to record " all new episodes of NCIS". That event stopped recording at the end of last season. What happened to the event? Is it still there? Will I have to go and setup a new event this month once NCIS is back on the Guide? .  Another example. What if I have an even setup to record all new episodes of CSI and due to special events there is no new episode of CSI for 3 weeks.  Does the event get deleted? SAme question really as for the NCIS example but slightly different situations. I had about 60 events or more setup prior to the new version of navigatr deployment. Are they still all there somewhere waiting for hte shows to show up in the guide? 

Hope that helps. 

Retired Moderator RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator

Oh sorry about the confusion @tjeffreys

With new Navigatr guide scheduled recording were not carried over. You would need to set up new schedule recording for the each series on your box to start recording the shows again.

Hope that helps!

@RogersPrasana

I'm a Senior Contributor

@RogersPrasana  Series recordings were generally carried over with the Navigatr update.  There were a couple of issues where the scheduled recording for the day was dropped, although the future recordings still existed.  This was a bug in RTN as well.

Scheduled series which do not appear in the Guide for the next 6 days do not show up as a tile if there are no recordings either.  However, once the scheduled recording appears in the guide, a tile will appear ( in most cases, although there are some bugs).

I probably cannot test whether a series from last year is carried over because my boxes were factory reset in April and May (because of another bug) and so lost the old series schedules.

I'm a Senior Contributor

@RogersPrasana@tjeffreys  I just heard from someone else that some of his scheduled events from last season are starting to show up in the tiles.  Of course, if the day, channel or time slot have changed, the tile is not going to show up under Navigatr.

I've Been Here Awhile

Managing Recordings- won't save alphabetical filter.

Keep having to reorder my taped shows as there constantly in some weird order, and it's difficult to navigate,  suggestions?

Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Hello @AYM,

Which guide do you have on your digital box ?

@Gdkitty@OLDYELLR@roxandtreez, pease feel free to chime in :). 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

I've Been Here Awhile

Sorry, I don't know how to find that out.  I am update to newest guide after the last upgrade.  Since that upgrade, I am unable to save the option to permanently have recorded videos in alphabetical order.  

Thanks

I'm a Senior Advisor

It must be the Nextbox RTN or Navigatr guide. The old SARA List is really simple. You press "B" for Preferences and choose sort alphabetical. No special tricks required.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario