Error code 1502

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Error code 1502

I have not been able to use anyplace tv for over a year....I cannot use my laptop for views live streaming...I have tried everything that the techs asked me to do...I had given up till yesterday when a tech on moncton suggested a strange thing to try....he said to go into windows settings and change the time on the laptop to may other region and change to time to any other time..then save it ..get out of the system screen....then go back into system screen and go back to the time section and reset the time to the true time....get out of there and try opening chrome and anyplace tv np low and behold it loaded and the streaming was working....this worked for me not sure for others with error code 1502.. but worth a try....good luck to all....

***Edited Labels***

Re: Error code 1502

Good evening @golfrox,

Thank you for taking the time to share the resolution with the Community. I'm certain users who've had similar issues in the past will be able to benefit from this. I'm glad my colleague was able to assist you in finding a fix.

RogersZia

I'm Here A Lot

Did not work for me Smiley Sad

Win7 64 sp1
Chrome Version 70.0.3538.102 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I Plan to Stick Around

Try changing the time on your computer or laptop....change it to any other time...save it...then go back to the right time and then try to load anyplace again....should do it...worked for me....good luck...
I'm Here A Lot

@57 , no luck there. @golfrox suggestion about changing the time also did not work.

I should mention that the issue is only with Live tv/channels. On demand content (Featured Shows/Movies/etc) play just fine.

I've Been Here Awhile

This fix worked for me as well.  Turns out it is a time sync issue by the plugin "shaka-player" an open source player.  The version that Rogers is using is v0.1 - and the latest release is 2.5, so its about two years out of date.

Here a similar issue seen by another user of  an earlier version:

https://github.com/google/shaka-player/issues/345

Hey, moderator, any idea when they will upgrade the player?  

I Plan to Stick Around

Glad I was able to help..

That took me a year to figure out the issue.....Roger's was no help at all.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@vrobison wrote:

This fix worked for me as well.  Turns out it is a time sync issue by the plugin "shaka-player" an open source player. 

So, as discussed in the link in post 4 of this thread, a clean browser would have been compatible?

I'm a Senior Advisor

Great catch @vrobison. Now how to get Rogers to take note and admit the issue and get to work on it.

Amazing what persistent forum members can find in their research.

Good stuff. Now for someone to take the charge. I won't offer but I know that if you push to higher levels and report a concern with a ticket open we sometimes get a solution. , similiar to the push and reporting back that @57 is doing on the data overage report. We know it is known in the st stem and back and forth communication is occurring and hopefully solutions will soon be found.

As members of the forum each of has pushed the system and got change.

Hopefully there will be a move soon on this one

Bruce
Topic Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 in conversation