Error code 1502

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Error code 1502

I have tried:

1. Close Chrome

2. Change system time.

3. Change system time back to current

4. Open browser

5. Try AnyplaceTV

and also

1. Reset Chrome to default.

2. Close Chrome

3. Open Chrome

4. Try AnyplaceTV

Neither have worked... what am I doing wrong?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@joven_ts : That still leaves a few things in the checklist - link below:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Unable-to-load-certain-website-s-and-or-videos/m-p/42...

Try Chrome Incognito?  Try different compatible browser? Etc.

I'm Here A Lot

1. Make sure that you have Javascript turned on in your browser settings.

Javascript is turned on

2. Make sure you don't have the pop-up blocker enabled.

Popup blocker has been disabled

3. Make sure you don't have any "extensions" like adblockers enabled.

Do not have any

4. Try a different browser.

Chrome is the only supported browser on Windows 7 I believe

5. It's always good to have a "clean" browser as a fallback so that you don't have anything blocking progress on certain websites that require some or all of the above.

I have tried resetting all settings to default

6. Try using Incognito Mode in Chrome as this usually bypasses any problematic cookies or cache issues.

Incognito has not worked

7. Try clearing cookies and reboot your PC

Clearing cookies and rebooting has not worked

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hmm, I'm mostly out if ideas. Edge and IE11 work on windows computers, but perhaps not Win7 and perhaps that's the source of your problem.

Do you have any other devices/computers where it does work (Tablet or phone app?) etc.

Here's the Anyplace FAQ.

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/anyplace-tv-overview

I'm Here A Lot

I appreciate you trying to help. Yes, Anyplace works on my desktop (64 Bit Home Premium Win7), and cell phone via AnyplaceTV App. The problem is with my laptop...

Ill keep hunting for other fixes. Hopefully Rogers updates their software sooner than later though.

I've Been Here Awhile

So from what I understand, your laptop clock must be nearly exactly synchronized with the Rogers streaming servers, but you might try setting your clock a couple of seconds ahead or behind, then log out of anyplace tv and log back in. And if your clock gets out of sync , do it all over again. Silly since the Open Source code has been fixed long ago, but Rogers has not kept up with the updates.
I'm a Senior Advisor

I got this error 7 times tonight - it finally did start first of all letting me log in (it wouldn't let me log in), and then I got in and started getting the 1502 error.

I did finally get in, but having an error message that tells you to search the help centre for error 1502, and a link as well to that which takes you to the main site is pretty useless - and if you search you get no response to 1502 on the help centre.  You will find it here with no answers though.

How about being proactive and if you don't know what error 1502 is (Rogers that is), then stop generating the error and sending us to the non-existent help topic.  Others have found that this error is part of a component from a third party supplier of the product - so it is long over due that Rogers does something with this.

This is not high level customer service - it is not even mediocre.

Come on guys, you have had long enough.

This is the first time I have seen it, so I knew what it was, so followed the steps suggested to see whether anything done since last reported - nope.

Bruce

I've Been Here Awhile

This worked for me too! 

At first, I tried Microsoft Edge and it didn't work... but, once I tried Chrome, it sparked right up!

Thank you golfrox!

I've Been Here Awhile

I changed the time AND time zone, saved and rebooted...

.. then I set everything back to the correct time... not sure if that makes any difference or not...
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Np....it just take patients and luck....and no help from Rogers...they dont even know what code 1502 is.....