cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code 1502

golfrox
I Plan to Stick Around

I have not been able to use anyplace tv for over a year....I cannot use my laptop for views live streaming...I have tried everything that the techs asked me to do...I had given up till yesterday when a tech on moncton suggested a strange thing to try....he said to go into windows settings and change the time on the laptop to may other region and change to time to any other time..then save it ..get out of the system screen....then go back into system screen and go back to the time section and reset the time to the true time....get out of there and try opening chrome and anyplace tv np low and behold it loaded and the streaming was working....this worked for me not sure for others with error code 1502.. but worth a try....good luck to all....

***Edited Labels***

40 REPLIES 40

Re: Error code 1502

RogersZia

Good evening @golfrox,

Thank you for taking the time to share the resolution with the Community. I'm certain users who've had similar issues in the past will be able to benefit from this. I'm glad my colleague was able to assist you in finding a fix.

RogersZia

joven_ts
I'm Here A Lot

Did not work for me Smiley Sad

Win7 64 sp1
Chrome Version 70.0.3538.102 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

golfrox
I Plan to Stick Around
Try changing the time on your computer or laptop....change it to any other time...save it...then go back to the right time and then try to load anyplace again....should do it...worked for me....good luck...

joven_ts
I'm Here A Lot

@57 , no luck there. @golfrox suggestion about changing the time also did not work.

I should mention that the issue is only with Live tv/channels. On demand content (Featured Shows/Movies/etc) play just fine.

vrobison
I've Been Here Awhile

This fix worked for me as well.  Turns out it is a time sync issue by the plugin "shaka-player" an open source player.  The version that Rogers is using is v0.1 - and the latest release is 2.5, so its about two years out of date.

Here a similar issue seen by another user of  an earlier version:

https://github.com/google/shaka-player/issues/345

Hey, moderator, any idea when they will upgrade the player?  

golfrox
I Plan to Stick Around
Glad I was able to help..

That took me a year to figure out the issue.....Roger's was no help at all.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@vrobison wrote:

This fix worked for me as well.  Turns out it is a time sync issue by the plugin "shaka-player" an open source player. 

So, as discussed in the link in post 4 of this thread, a clean browser would have been compatible?

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor
Great catch @vrobison. Now how to get Rogers to take note and admit the issue and get to work on it.

Amazing what persistent forum members can find in their research.

Good stuff. Now for someone to take the charge. I won't offer but I know that if you push to higher levels and report a concern with a ticket open we sometimes get a solution. , similiar to the push and reporting back that @57 is doing on the data overage report. We know it is known in the st stem and back and forth communication is occurring and hopefully solutions will soon be found.

As members of the forum each of has pushed the system and got change.

Hopefully there will be a move soon on this one

Bruce

joven_ts
I'm Here A Lot

I have tried:

1. Close Chrome

2. Change system time.

3. Change system time back to current

4. Open browser

5. Try AnyplaceTV

and also

1. Reset Chrome to default.

2. Close Chrome

3. Open Chrome

4. Try AnyplaceTV

Neither have worked... what am I doing wrong?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@joven_ts : That still leaves a few things in the checklist - link below:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Unable-to-load-certain-website-s-and-or-videos/m-p/42...

Try Chrome Incognito?  Try different compatible browser? Etc.

joven_ts
I'm Here A Lot

1. Make sure that you have Javascript turned on in your browser settings.

Javascript is turned on

2. Make sure you don't have the pop-up blocker enabled.

Popup blocker has been disabled

3. Make sure you don't have any "extensions" like adblockers enabled.

Do not have any

4. Try a different browser.

Chrome is the only supported browser on Windows 7 I believe

5. It's always good to have a "clean" browser as a fallback so that you don't have anything blocking progress on certain websites that require some or all of the above.

I have tried resetting all settings to default

6. Try using Incognito Mode in Chrome as this usually bypasses any problematic cookies or cache issues.

Incognito has not worked

7. Try clearing cookies and reboot your PC

Clearing cookies and rebooting has not worked

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hmm, I'm mostly out if ideas. Edge and IE11 work on windows computers, but perhaps not Win7 and perhaps that's the source of your problem.

Do you have any other devices/computers where it does work (Tablet or phone app?) etc.

Here's the Anyplace FAQ.

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/anyplace-tv-overview

joven_ts
I'm Here A Lot

I appreciate you trying to help. Yes, Anyplace works on my desktop (64 Bit Home Premium Win7), and cell phone via AnyplaceTV App. The problem is with my laptop...

Ill keep hunting for other fixes. Hopefully Rogers updates their software sooner than later though.

vrobison
I've Been Here Awhile
So from what I understand, your laptop clock must be nearly exactly synchronized with the Rogers streaming servers, but you might try setting your clock a couple of seconds ahead or behind, then log out of anyplace tv and log back in. And if your clock gets out of sync , do it all over again. Silly since the Open Source code has been fixed long ago, but Rogers has not kept up with the updates.

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

I got this error 7 times tonight - it finally did start first of all letting me log in (it wouldn't let me log in), and then I got in and started getting the 1502 error.

I did finally get in, but having an error message that tells you to search the help centre for error 1502, and a link as well to that which takes you to the main site is pretty useless - and if you search you get no response to 1502 on the help centre.  You will find it here with no answers though.

How about being proactive and if you don't know what error 1502 is (Rogers that is), then stop generating the error and sending us to the non-existent help topic.  Others have found that this error is part of a component from a third party supplier of the product - so it is long over due that Rogers does something with this.

This is not high level customer service - it is not even mediocre.

Come on guys, you have had long enough.

This is the first time I have seen it, so I knew what it was, so followed the steps suggested to see whether anything done since last reported - nope.

Bruce

Kaptin14
I've Been Here Awhile

This worked for me too! 

At first, I tried Microsoft Edge and it didn't work... but, once I tried Chrome, it sparked right up!

Thank you golfrox!

Kaptin14
I've Been Here Awhile
I changed the time AND time zone, saved and rebooted...

.. then I set everything back to the correct time... not sure if that makes any difference or not...

golfrox
I Plan to Stick Around
Np....it just take patients and luck....and no help from Rogers...they dont even know what code 1502 is.....

VBELA
I've Been Around

This worked for me too!!!!  Go figure.  Make sure you have chrome closed when you do it.