Err: 53 - Problem with NextBox

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Err: 53 - Problem with NextBox

Hello,

I'm having an issue with my nextbox (Ontario). It began counting down (r---) and then it would boot up with the Cisco logo popping up. After it would say Err:53, and begin counting down again. It's been doing this for several hours now.

Not sure if there is anything I can do on my end.

*Added Labels*

Re: Err: 53 - Problem with NextBox

Hello, @BNighty.

Thank you for posting your NextBox experience in the Community. Is it the NextBox 2, 8642 HD box?

I'm assuming other boxes and services are not affected so that we rule out the RF signal issue. The box usually produces Err: 53 or 54 when there is a trouble with the hard drive.

You can certainly swap the box at the nearest Rogers' store if it's a rental unit. If you own the box, you can check The CableShoppe Inc. for repair options. 

@57 may have more info to add on this matter. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Even if other boxes in the home are not affected (which is not certain based on the OP's post), I still recommend that the signal be checked first.  Some boxes and areas of your home are affected differently.  Please call Rogers and have them check the signal at your home and in your neighbourhood. They can do this remotely.  Most boot issues are related to a poor signal.  Here's a post on the topic.  What is the model number of your box?

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Nextbox-3-0-PVR-Skips-Recorded-Playback-Only/m-p/387839#M42...

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

The model is 8642HD and I have a few other boxes, but this is the only one with this issue. The other boxes are also older. 

I'll give them a call when I get home. 

Thanks for the help.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The 8642 is pretty old, so it could certainly be failing, however, the signal is always the first thing to look at.  You could also try swapping the boxes around in your home to see if the issue follows the box or stays with the "location".