Early Cancellation Fee

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Early Cancellation Fee

Hi

Im moving to a new apartment in November and rogers told me i still have a term contract for cable and internet ubtil september 2017. How much will i have to pay in cancelation charges?

**Edited Labels**

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Early Cancellation Fee

Hello @Erikanim

Have you called into Rogers and ask? When the rep told you, did u ask the amount?

Good evening @Erikanim,

Thank you for your post!

If you have a Rogers Ignite Bundle, here is how Early Cancellation Fees are calculated :

• $10/ month remaining in term offer.
      • No minimum Early Cancellation Fee
      • Maximum $200 in first year of term
      • Maximum $100 in second year of term

This information will allow you to determinate the amount you would be charged, based on your commitment date and the date on which you will be moving.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I have Plus TV package & TechXpert Whole Home 125GB Internet

I paid $130/month

My contract started Jul-14-2016

I believe is a 2 year contract (50%)

I would like to know how much (total) will it cost to cancel both accounts?

Thank you

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

This is not something they would be able to post here.

You could try contacting @CommunityHelps on here.
Or alternatively call in, they will be able to provide you with that info.

Good evening @fbartra,

Thanks for posting and Welcome to the Forums!

I understand that you want to know what you will be charged in the instance where you decide to terminate some of your services.

What exactly do you mean by "both account"?

Are you referring to the two services currently active on your account?

The following is applicable if you live in Ontario.

If you cancel your Internet service before the end of the term, you will need to pay an Early Cancellation Fee:

• The amount of the Early Cancellation Fee is $10/month left in the term up to a maximum of $200 in year 1 and $100 in year 2.

There is no Early Cancellation Fee if you cancel yourTV and keep your Internet service.

Depending on the nature of your request, I might recommend you to wait until you get to the 1 year mark, to limit the amount of fees generated on your account due to the cancellation.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

I've Been Around

Can you tell me how much to cancel TV and Internet? 18 months to go on contract.

Thanks...Dave

Hello @samol,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I can understand how important it is to find out any potential fees before making a decision. If you are currently subscribed to an Ontario bundle, you can review @RogersMaude's post here

If you need additional information please contact us via PM  @CommunityHelps and we can review your account for you.

Our private messaging system is explained in this blog.

RogersZia

I've Been Around

I would like to know what cancellation fees if any would be charged should I decide to cancel.

I'm a Senior Advisor

See the post by @RogersZia above for the link to community helps - since you are here, by contacting them, they can look it up for you through PM since they can access your account and contract details once they are in the private conversation with you.

Bruce