ER 76 on explorer 4290

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

ER 76 on explorer 4290

I have had the above error since the power went out a few weeks ago. Unplugged it for days and still the same message. How do I reset it?

***Edited Labels***

Re: ER 76 on explorer 4290

Welcome to the Community @Mybubbles65!

Have you previously encountered a similar issue? Or was the box fine previously, and the issue only started recently?  Has anyone else in the Community ran into this issue?  

I'll tag a few of our Resident Experts to see if they can help @OLDYELLR @Gdkitty 

RogersZia

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

First time. There was a power outage a few weeks ago and this error was there when the power came back on. Can't get it to work. 

I'm an Advisor

Hello @Mybubbles65,

This error code means that your cable box is no longer authorized -- call Rogers technical support at 1-888-ROGERS-1 and ask them to reauthorize the box. 

Please let us know how you make out!

I'm Here A Lot

Called Rogers to reauthorize and it still has the same error. Doesn't work at all. Any other suggestions?

I'm an Advisor

Try this:

- Push and hold the VOL+, VOL- and INFO buttons (front of cable box) until the cable box turns off. 

- Wait until you see the time, then turn on the cable box and TV.

Does this help?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Power outages are sometimes accompanied by power surges when the power comes back, which can damage STBs.  Always good to unplug electronics if the power goes out for more than a few minutes. That way the surge when the power comes back on doesn't damage your electronics.

It's also possible that the STB is not "hearing" the authorization properly. About a year ago my purchased 4290 would not boot properly after Rogers had done something in my area - I can't remember what the issue was, but I knew at the time it was highly unlikely that it was an issue with my STB due to the "coincidence" with a Rogers action. 

Rogers, of course, said it was an issue with my STB and that it was dead, however, it took a couple of calls and a request for the issue to be escallated to the next level and a day later second level had managed to get my 4290 working again.  Persistance and insistance can sometimes pay off.

I assume yours is purchased.  If it's rented, you can always swap for another.

I'm Here A Lot

Tried that, it doesn't shut off. 

I'm an Advisor

Not good - I second what @57 suggested - call Rogers technical support at 1-888-ROGERS-1 and push to have this issue escalated to second level support. Hopefully they can fix your cable box!

I'm Here A Lot

It is purchased but when I was on the phone with a rep she said if the reauthorization didn't fix it that I could exchange it for another as it was still under warranty. I didn't say anything about it being purchased so I don't know if what she is saying is correct.