Dynex TV and programming remote

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Dynex TV and programming remote

thanks for responding.  it's too much of a pain (for my wife) to remember to "cover the remote" when in the middle of the shut-down routine.  it seems that the rogers remote just doesn't have the right sequence of OFF for the Dynex TV.  I don't think Rogers is concerned about it, as there are many complaints around the internet chat rooms about the Rogers remote and Dynex TV combination.  (Customer service isn't Rogers' stength!, haha) .  Maybe someone will solve the problem for us?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Not necessarily that EASY of a solve.

A) the are not rogers/Cisco remotes.. they are ones made to work with the stuff for them..  Rogers doesnt do the exact engineering/programming for them

B) The codes, etc are had programmed into the remotes memory.. to fix them.. recall every single remote to have them added, etc?

Highlighted
I've Been Around

@007 wrote:

Use the code 1463.

1463 doesn't work.

This is the only Dynex flat screen code for the older 5 button remote.  Mine does the same thing.  I guess I'm going to have to step through the codes but that is such a pain as is turning off the TV and it comes back on.  Gotta think which is the better bad option!!  

I got the new remote but my fingers have learnt the old sequences, so I am trying to program an extra remote I bought quite few years back as my kids kept loosing the main one.  

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

thank you thank you thank you!
It worked