Downloadable & Print-Friendly Channel Guide for Toronto Oct. 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Downloadable & Print-Friendly Channel Guide for Toronto Oct. 2016

Here is my own printable guide for Toronto, hot off the press.  Downloadable for free

There are many roads to frustration when it comes to many things Rogers related, however instead of complaining I've done my little part here to make things better.

Darryl

Edited: Link removed per Community guidelines - RogersMoin

Re: Downloadable & Print-Friendly Channel Guide for Toronto Oct. 2016

Hi @Gebs,

Thank you for sharing the guide with the Community. I'm sure many users would appreciate this Smiley Happy

RogersZia

I'm a Senior Advisor

@Gebs  Thank you very much for creating this channel guide. It is unfortunate that we have to create our own how to's, guides, and lists, as Rogers doesn't provide them.

Thank you for doing this on your own iniative.  What would we do without people like yourself who take the time and effort to create these.

And you are right, like you, many of us have learned that complaining changes little with Rogers, through this forum, and other methods, and often to help each other, we create them ourselves.

Again, thanks.  Bruce

I Plan to Stick Around

My pleasure Bruce! It's rewarding not only giving my elderly Dad a new "armchair channel guide" but also receiving kudos from people like you.

I've discovered I missed a few channels but will update it and provide associated links from this post.

Also, I'm open to suggestions from the community on how to improve it.

Thanks again!
Darryl

I'm a Senior Advisor

I am sure your father will be pleased.  Glad to provide kudos - definitely deserved.

Bruce

I'm a Senior Advisor

@BS wrote:

@Gebs  Thank you very much for creating this channel guide. It is unfortunate that we have to create our own how to's, guides, and lists, as Rogers doesn't provide them.

The fact that some skilled customers can generate a channel number guide for their package in their area is commendable.  With Rogers resources and high power programmers, why can't the provide the same information for customers?

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Senior Advisor

I think the reality is that they have chosen for whatever reason to not provide this information easily.

And from a programming perspective, the data is sitting in all our account settings.

Where else could the box get the information on our subscribed and unscribed channels that we see on our boxes.

If you open the Mobile Home App, you will watch it provide a message downloading DVR list, and the channel list Which includes the channel number and station name.

This I suspect is being pulled from the box, but for the box to be able to exclude unscribed channels means that data has been pushed to the box to identify these.

This information will come from a database of channels, connected to our account and probably box, our package and our currently approved subscribed channels.

Since this data must exist in a database somewhere and it seems to not be that complex to be set and changed as we request new stations, packages. This is database query programming 101.  A highschool student in database programming knows how to do this, and a basic programmer in basic knows how to do this.

So why don't we get it - not because it isn't easily done, because any database programmer will tell you that this is incredibly easily done - you just need to have access to the relevant databases and tables and the database structural design in order to create the links for the report - this is done every day when we go online on MyRogers and ask for our service descriptions as they currently. Now just add an actual channel and number and put the name of the current package - say even include expiry (that is in the databases too), and we would have a complete overview of our services.

But for some reason they just don't want to do this - I know they change packages and channels come and go, but these are all being pushed to our boxes from a database and query programming, so there remains no reason it can't create a listing.

So we end up doing it manually by setting up our own tables (many have been created by users here in the last year or so).  Why, the only answer I have is that they have chosen not to do so.

Bruce

I'm a Senior Advisor

With no help from Rogers, the only reliable way I have of getting a list of channel numbers I'm subscribed to is by bringing up the Guide on my PVR and paging through all 999 channels and writing down the ones that aren't blocked. I can't even do that on the RAPTV web or Android app because they don't distinguish unsubscribed channels with a different colour, like my PVR IPG does.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Senior Advisor

@OLDYELLR Exactly as I did it recently to identify the services that I don't currently receive and do receive - I printed out a listing of all channels that is available comparing services, then went through all of my own services and did comparison by identifying what was in my package and not in their's.  I didn't finish - it was too tedius.

Absolutely insane, that is the only way I can describe it.  It suggests to me that they absolutely do not want us to be able to review our current services of channels and compare them to new packages, or to other service providers.

Unless someone from Rogers wants to give me an alternative reason why this is made so difficult for us to understand, as well as making it impossible for any rep to make these comparisons either.

That is just the way it is - add it to the list of things that gradually grow on the pros and cons list to determine whether I stick around at the end of the current contract.

Bruce

I'm a Trusted Contributor

So where did the guide download go?   Oops - belay that.

I just saw the link, my darn eyesight.

Peter
Toronto