Downloadable Channel Guide for Brampton, ON (Oct 2016)

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm an Advisor

Downloadable Channel Guide for Brampton, ON (Oct 2016)

Hello all,

Here is my printable channel guide for Brampton, downloadable (free) from this linkThis channel guide includes (1) channel lineup for those with digital cable boxes, and (2) channel lineup for those with DTA-50 analog cable adapters.

Preview of the downloadable guide:

brampton-ch-lineup-small-thumb2.png

Special thanks go to @Gebs, whose channel guide for Toronto (HERE) served as inspiration to create this list for Rogers cable subscribers in Brampton.

Downloadable files from the link above:

- brampton-ch-lineup.pdf - PDF document, as shown in the preview above.

- brampton-ch-lineup.docx - Microsoft Word document (editable), used to generate the PDF.

- brampton-ch-lineup.xlsx - Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (editable) with two tabs:

--> Tab 1: "Brampton-Digital" includes channel lineup for those with digital cable boxes.

--> Tab 2: "Brampton-DA" includes channel lineup for those with a DTA-50 analog cable adapters.

Like Gebs, I am open to suggestions from the community on how to improve it.

Thanks Everyone!

Robin

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm an Advisor

Re: Downloadable Channel Guide for Brampton, ON (Oct 2016)

Do you want to download the editable files to make your own version of this guide - but don't have Microsoft Office?

No problem - check out LibreOffice at: https://www.libreoffice.org/download/libreoffice-fresh/.  This is a fully open-sourced (free!) office suite for Windows, MacOS and Linux. I have been using it on my secondary computers since 2012, and it is fantastic software.

I hope this helps!

I'm a Senior Advisor

Thank you for this work - not sure I will do one for my own, but I am glad you provided the template so I can do it for myself.

I suspect I can cut and past some of the information the existing PDF's provided by Rogers and just insert them in the template to match my own choices.

I too have the DTA, so nice to be able to do that one too.

I guess this means that we have all given up on Rogers ever doing this for us and one by one each area will get one as someone, like yourself @robindp decides to take the initiative and following the previous model from @Gebs  Thanks a lot the two of you.

Bruce

Maybe someone will also put the current Rogers channel offerings into the same format and we can merge the tables together and do easy comparisons.

I will be honest, I have other things on my plate, or I would take my own on in Whitby (previously pine ridge cable), so for now I will leave it alone as is.

Bruce

Bruce

I'm an Advisor

Documents have been updated to show new channel 115 (ROD1).  This is interesting - it appears to access a Rogers On-Demand (ROD) movie directly.  Going to this channel brings up a window for "Ghostbusters (2016) (HD)", and gives three options: Order, Preview, Cancel - the same thing shown if ordering from channel 100. 

Ordering the item charges $6.99 to your account and shows the movie, just like on channel 100.

Very interesting - will Rogers replace standard PPV movie/adult movie channels with new versions that directly address available ROD content?

@Gebs, do you see channel 115 (ROD1) in Toronto?

I'm an Advisor

Documents have been updated to show new channels:

--> 203 - ROD2 (VOD Movie Channel 2)

--> 320 - ROD3 (VOD Movie Channel 3)

--> 330 - ROD4 (VOD Movie Channel 4)

--> 428 - ROD5 (VOD Movie Channel 5)

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi @robindp,

Please let me know if you want my "native" .docx or .xls documents that I use to generate the final pdf, if not too late. It looks like you already converted my pdf on your own, (nice work!). Perhaps we should make the lineups look consistent?

No, Channel 115 doesn't "exist" in Toronto.

DG
I'm a Senior Advisor

It is unfortunate that Rogers seems to have taken advantage of the knowledge and expertise that is found on this forum to do their work for them and is leaving it to us to develop tools to support each other, to test and debug new products as they come forward.

I remain more than willing to contribute and learn from others on the board and to provide advise and solutions to Rogers staff to provide a higher quality of support to all users.  But I have to acknowledge, I am extremely dissatisfied that we are being used (abused) in this manner, leaving it to the users' expertise to get us all through.  I will continue to do so for the benefit of my fellow users of Rogers products, but I must say I am very tired of Rogers not taking responsibility for providing high quality service and products.  I know they are a business and their first obligation is to the shareholders, board of directors, and senior staff, but please always remember that you make these profits through the consumption of your services by us.

Again, thanks to all that support all of us to get the best solutions out of our services.

Bruce

I'm an Advisor

Hello @Gebs,

Actually - I entered the channel lineup in Excel then copied it over to Word & used the "columns" function to split things as you see in the final version.

This said, I will try to download your template files later tonight.

@BS - thank you for the kind words.  I encourage you to create a channel lineup document for your area - it will be a great resource for others in the community.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@robindp  That it my intent, I just need to get over some health issues first.

To help me along, could you provide the links back to the templates you have developed and posted on the site - I think I have one you or someone else emailed me in my email.

The brain is kind of muddy as of late - but I do plan to get to it.

Bruce

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Hello @BS,

Check out my first post in this thread, above. The link provided goes to the newest version of my documents (just download and edit for your area).