Does the Netxbox remote work with Skyworth TV G2A series?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Does the Netxbox remote work with Skyworth TV G2A series?

I am trying to pair the remote a recently purchased Skyworth 58G2A300 TV.

I have tried with the URC-2125BC0-BX as well as the URC-1056B03 remotes with no success

The automatic search does not connect, and going the codes provided by urcsupport do not work for either remotes.

Note that the urssupoprt page appears to be broken for the URC-2125BC0-BX remote

Hoping that someone has already figured this out

***Edited Labels***

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Does the Netxbox remote work with Skyworth TV G2A series?

If you performed the "search" properly, it means that the IR code is not in the remote, so there's nothing you can do with either remote.  You could get yourself a programmable remote like a Harmony to control all your devices. Something like the 650, 655 is usually on sale for around $50.

I found the following two codes for Skyworth TVs for the 1056 remote - 1799, 0054.  Did you try those?  Did you try contacting URC?

https://www.urcsupport.com/urc_product/atlas-urc1056bo4/##setup

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the suggestions

Yes I have tried those 2 codes, and given that I can program the remotes for another TV I assume my procedure is correct.

I will try to contact URC support but I have a feeling that a third party remote is the only option...

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

While these remotes are 'universal' there are limitations 😞

The remotes need to have all the possible codes in them, to be able to program to.
If the TV is not using a standard code.. then the remote may not have that code in it, to be able to set to.

Truthfully I had never heard of Skyworth before this thread.  Looks like they are a new Chinese brand newer on the market.
My guess is that they they are using their own new different codes that vary from a lot of others.. 

You can often see this on a lot of the lower end, more cheap/budget TVs where they are using not completely common parts, etc.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Gdkitty wrote:

The remotes need to have all the possible codes in them, to be able to program to.
If the TV is not using a standard code.. then the remote may not have that code in it, to be able to set to.

This is why you need to purchase a programmable remote like the Harmony.  I've never heard of an IR device that the Harmony remotes cannot control.  Also, if the IR code is not in the database, then it can "learn" the code from the TV's remote.

One thing that needs to be checked is to ensure that the device is actually using IR. Some use RF or Bluetooth, in which case you'd need an RF programmable remote.  I'm not sure if there are third party BT remotes...  Some devices are able to switch between BT and IR...