Documentation for Nextbox 3.0 9865HD

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Documentation for Nextbox 3.0 9865HD

Highlighted
I've Been Around

The link to the pdf manual is broken, well dome again, Rogers.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@markexperience:

I'm not sure to which pdf link you're referring, but the first two links in post 3 work fine for me.  The second link doesn't apply since it's old and that firmware is not used by Rogers. 

The third link is also useless and old since Rogers uses Navigatr now, not the "Enhanced Guide (RTN)".  You'd be best looking at the links in post 51 instead.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi folks...

Things were going honky-dory when Rogers decided to push out a firmware to my NextBox 3.0 9865 PVR which automatically bumps the video output the highest possible signal (based on output device).  That is all great but the slingbox I've got connected to the PVR uses Component Cables and does not display video at all.

I switch the box to 1080i, problem solved, however, as soon as I shut it down, it automatically adjusts to 1080p, so next time I turn on my slingbox app, same issue... no video, audio only.

I have been searching for a way to limit this automatic video selection, but to no avail.  Anyone here have any ideas?  Help!

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@djrobinn:

The only workaround is to use component video to the TV (and audio to your TV or AVR) and set the output yourself in the settings. The PVR will automatically choose the highest output format if connected to a TV via HDMI.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/NextBox-Navigatr-October-November-2016-Deployment/m-p/389174...

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

but why now when it has worked fine for a while...

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@djrobinn:

Because, as I stated in the link I provided, the latest firmware does this, while the previous firmware did not. The firmware is being modified all the time sometimes for the better, sometimes not. 

I believe this was done because some people were having issues with their 4K STBs/TVs not getting 4K signals and having to redo the format settings all the time.  This latest firmware ensures that the highest format is provided to the TV, which is (mostly) a good thing since many people may have had incorrect (lower) formats going to their TVs.  The same firmware is utilized on the 4K STBs and the HD NextBoxes in Ontario.  This "auto setting" (via HDMI-CEC) happens on a lot of devices, but many of these devices do have an override.

The STBs are not really designed to supply signals to more than one TV/device and very few people are (negatively) affected by this latest change, while many people are affected positively.  Feel free to complain to Rogers and they may provide a "fixed" (override) option in the settings, rather than automatically shaking hands, but I doubt that will come to fruition since these boxes are pretty underpowered and adding options often makes things worse.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks bud! I understand.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

tried the link, document [Rogers Enhanced Guide] not found

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@user909 : Are you talking about the link in post 3 of this thread?  That link is over 4 years old and is no longer applicable since that was for the previous RTN guide.  The latest guide is called Navigatr.  

Try the following link for Navigatr.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet-TV-Home-Phone-Knowledge/tkb-p/ResiTKB/label-name/navig...

See also the following link regarding what's good/bad about Navigatr.

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/61-rogers-cable-tv-hd-pvr-discussion/202473-cisco-9865-nb3-0-also-nb...