Documentation for Nextbox 3.0 9865HD

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Documentation for Nextbox 3.0 9865HD

The link for the User Guide doesn't work. Do you have a working link?

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Welcome to the forums @jjmartin 🙂

Which user guide are you looking for?

The Rogers Enhanced user guide can be found here.

The Navigatr How-To: user guide can be found here.

RogersMay

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Things I didn't know how to do on the PVR

When I got the 8-ch PVR over a year ago, there was no manual with it.

I just recently found out two things:

1. How to turn on Closed Captioning, and

2. How to Record Series when I start watching it and decide I like it and want to record it. In the past when I liked a show I had to wait until the next day, find it on the schedule for 6 days later, and select Record Series.

A service rep told be how to do the first, and also told me there was a pdf manual, but the link he gave me was invald.

Getting on this forum I found the correct link for the manual.

Both things are on the INFO banner. While watching a show:

1: Press INFO. Move to the CC icon and press OK. It will toggle between On and Off.

2: Press INFO. Move to the Record Series icon and press OK. The record screen will open.

I think Rogers should notify all PVR users about the Rogers Enhanced Guide. For those without internet, a printed copy would be good.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Here is Cisco's generic user guide for the 9800 series box. It's not specific for the Rogers version. Rogers has never provided one.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I am recently moving from a competitor's satellite system to Rogers. I have used Rogers for a couple decades in the past but moved to satellyite because it was quite a bit cheaper.

While using the Nextbox 3 it appears the Navigatr software has no provision for listing ALL the series you have previously registered for recording - only the ones that actually have programs set to record within the next week. I oftenm set up series recordings for my favorite shows and keep an eye on the list of program registyrations I have made so I can clean out the obsolete ones for shows that have been cancelled. The 7-day look ahead is also disappointing as I am used to having 14 days so I can catch a new series to record. There seems to be no function of looking up a series and showing all the air date/times for that show over the week. When I am looking to record a series, it is hit or miss if the DVR tells me that the program was scheduled or one already exists because I have no way of checking to see if I had already set sdomething up. Nextbox 3 seems like it is stuck pretty far behing in the functionality it provides. (Yes, those competitors provide "On Demand" PPV and call display functions too)

The "Rogers Enhanced Guide" is inaccurate in what you can do with the list buitton. It says you hit List to see what shows you have recorded, and hitting it again while showing that list shows youj all your scheduled shows. That second click of "List" while in list mode does nothing at all. Looks to me like it a couple versuinb behind and that features have been dropped since.

These are all features I am used to when using the satellite receivers which have very user friendly and complete channel guides / pvr control. The only real reason I am not using them now is the requirement of a single cable per tuner. I have built a new home and dol NOT want to runm more than one antenna cable per receiver. IMHO non-multiplexed receiver signals is a little behind the hardware technology curve, but their software is very mature and nice to use.

By comparison I am finding the Rogers Navigatr software feels rather disappointing with it cludgy user interface, lackluster feature set and performance - though the NextBox 3 boot time of 5 minutes is better than the 20 minutes I put up with when I left Rogers previously, it still doesn't hold a candle to the Satellite receiver's 45 second boot time.

Any idea when Rogers will implement functions like that and provide a real user manual that works for their software? I really would like to have as complete and mature a software experience with Rogers as I have had with my satellite provider.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

The advanced user guide provided an answer to my original problem. 

Thanks.

I've Been Here Awhile

I have been searching for the same Instruction Guide. Please let me know when you have discovered a source. Thanks

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

@earleb

Welcome to the Forums! 🙂

Please take a look at this post here.

It provides links to both the Rogers Enhanced user guide and the Navigatr How-To: user guide.

Regards,

RogersMay

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

How about those who do not Internet access?

My wife does not have Internet so was in the dark about the change over to Navigatr. The only guides that exist are on the Internet and therfore NOT available to her. Why oh why didn't Rogers send her a User Guide so she could at least have a chance of once more finding out how to watch her previous PVR recordings and schedule additional ones. At the very least, since I have been a long time customer, give me a User Guide in PDF format so I can print the thing and give it to her. Have I somehow become an unpaid employee of Rogers? C'mon people, certainly you can do better than this. It's once more disappointing that Rogers have ignored good manners. Larry Stewart Ottawa

***edited labels***

Highlighted
I've Been Around

That link is broken:  Not Found [CFN #0005]
Please supply correct link!