Documentation for Nextbox 3.0 9865HD

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Re: Documentation for Nextbox 3.0 9865HD

Component actually supports up to 1080P, so you could connect devices such as Blu Ray players via component if necessary.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I thought it could only do 1080i..
But mind you, last time i used componet was probably 4-5 years ago.. so might have been a limitation of my AVR at the time, the TV, etc

I stand corrected 🙂

I think the bigest difference is.. with HDMI, etc.. you are taking a digital signal and keeping it digital.. from source to destination.

Comparatively, with component.. it converts it to a seperated analog signal, then back to digital.

But in the end.. both are able to provide the same resolutions, etc.

HDMI is normally just more convienient as well (one cable to provide video, as well as full surround audio)

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Yes, component is analogue. Video over component is actually quite good. It's a different colour space from HDMI, though, so you need to use different settings on your display. I remember when I tried component with the Nextbox 3 the picture was markedly different from using HDMI. Many years ago, I had a plasma and it was before HDMI came out. I was able to get 1080p over component.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Lack of documentation almost  makes it necessary to call in a service man

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi,

Just upgraded to Netbox 3.0 from SA 8300HD.  I've always used a RF/IR repeater with my cable boxes and have never had a problem until now.  I can't figure out where to place the IR repeater on the face of the cable box to get it to work.  Does anybody know where the IR sensor is exactly on this Cisco 9865HD?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

This is one thing i have looked for and have not been able to find 😞

Up until recently.. even on the CISCO website, there was very little information..
They only listed the d9865, which is a similar spec satalite one.
They now list SOME documentation for the 9800 series multiscreen, which is what the rogers unit is..

But really just wha the LCD displays, and what the connections on the back are.

Bar someone taking it apart... to see where it is... 😞

My best Guess.. would be below the NEXTBOX sticker somewhere.. or to the right of the CISCO label.

Could try trial and error.. get something thick but narrow (width wise).. like a piece of wood?  And put over one section.. try the remote and see if it works or not.. move over, etc.. when you get to a spot where the remote stops, likely its in that area.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for your quick response.  I was going to "trial and error" it tonight when I get home.  I'll post if I can find it's location.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I am struggling to get a decent audio volume level from my Nextbox.  I just upgraded sound systems and I find that compared to all the other inputs the Nextbox is dramatically quieter.  I am trying to find a way to adjust the output sound level.  I have changed the audio setting to variable and wide but I can't seem to adjust the output with the remote and of course unlike my old cable box there isn't a volume setting on the PVR.

Suggestions?

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

steve-in-ottawa:

I found using the Narrow setting is the loudest. Give it a try. You should notice a big difference.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

With most of the new boxes.. they are designed to output a SET level.. then let your TV (or sound system) do the audio control.

(i think even the 8642 with the new IPG was like this... not even sure if it worked on the SARA on it)

The other settings will give you the best type of surround sound.. more fullest range... but may be quieter as the audio is more spread.

As Jimboden said, narrow would give you the loudes, but likely not the best 'range' of sound.