Documentation for Nextbox 3.0 9865HD

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Documentation for Nextbox 3.0 9865HD

I recently got Nextbox 9865 HD and trying to locate a comprehensive user manual for this particular box. Rogers did not include any manual with this box so i turned to Cisco web site. A search for 9865 box only shows a satellite version of receiver with 6 tuners. There is no documentation on Cisco web-site regarding cable box 9865 with 8 tuners.

Does anyone happen to find a user manual for Nextbox 3 (aka Cisco 9865HD) ?

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Documentation for Nextbox 3.0 9865HD

Don't search for 9865....search for the 9800

The only box-specific documentation for the box is a Cisco QRG.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/video/videoscape/multiscreen_gateways/9000/OL-26440-01.pdf

As for software, cisco has a general manual for the Vantage software that does a good job of documenting its functions.  No docs for v4.0 yet, but there are for the previous versions, on whoch the Rogers guide is based

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/video/headend/DNCS/RTN_3.X/OL-26393-01.pdf

________________________________________________________________________________________

** Update**

Hello TeDD13,

Thank you for the question.

We now have a Documentation for Nextbox 3.0 9865HD available online and you can download a copy of the Rogers Enhanced Guide from this link:  Rogers Enhanced Guide

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

All Replies
I'm a Regular

It seems to be a Rogers only box, so they might not have made an instruction booklet yet.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Don't search for 9865....search for the 9800

The only box-specific documentation for the box is a Cisco QRG.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/video/videoscape/multiscreen_gateways/9000/OL-26440-01.pdf

As for software, cisco has a general manual for the Vantage software that does a good job of documenting its functions.  No docs for v4.0 yet, but there are for the previous versions, on whoch the Rogers guide is based

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/video/headend/DNCS/RTN_3.X/OL-26393-01.pdf

________________________________________________________________________________________

** Update**

Hello TeDD13,

Thank you for the question.

We now have a Documentation for Nextbox 3.0 9865HD available online and you can download a copy of the Rogers Enhanced Guide from this link:  Rogers Enhanced Guide

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thanks, Lurker. That was exactly what I was looking for. It is strange that Rogers would not include modified versions of those manuals with the Nextbox 3

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Found a Rogers version of the Nextbox IPG guide

http://downloads.rogers.com/cable/userguides/Rogers_Enhanced_Guide.pdf
Highlighted

That is even better. How hard was that for Rogers to include this guide with a new Nextbox?

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Thanks for the tip guys. Just got this box and was looking for some documentation.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Thanks. Just got the Next Box 3.0 and was looking for some documentation too. Another question. I hooked up my old HD box (SA 3250) to another TV but couldn't get sound. The connection was a DVI (box) to HDMI (TV) cable. Picture was good via input 3. However, I tried several different connections to get sound to no avail. In the end, I gave up and removed the DVI-HDMI connector and reverted back to the red-blue-green method + audio red and white. This works but I am baffled as to why I couldn't find a way to get sound using the DVI-HDMI route. Any suggestions ? 

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

KOTT:

Generally speaking, DVI does not pass audio, although there are some video cards which do. When you say you have a DVI "box" to HDMI cable, are you saying the 3250 has DVI out or the 3250 is passing its output to a box of some kind? With DVI, you have to use a regular audio output and pass it to your TV's audio input. Audio outputs can be good old LR analogue, digital coax, optical, or HDMI.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Jim is right on this.
I had a video card which did have a dvi out, which the card did push spidif audio out through, but had to use the specific dvi to hdmi adapter for it to work, others wouldn't pass the audio.

As he said, best bet would be if you want to use hdmi then would be one of the other alternative methods of audio (l/r for stereo, or the others for surround)

That most of the boxes mad output at 1080i anyways, you are not loosing anything as component supports up to that.