Discovery Velocity Free Preview

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm an Advisor

Re: Discovery Velocity Free Preview

@OLDYELLR wrote:

I had the Discovery Velocity teaser (free preview) many months ago. Now it's "greened out" and when I select it, it tells me I need to order it (at extra cost, no doubt). Is this another "free preview" or only in selected areas?

@OLDYELLR

Just read this thread, so I tried channel 245 and am getting it. I'm in Toronto East York, but I don't know if that makes any difference. You're close to Hamilton aren't you?

EDIT: While I was composing this message, I see you replied. Is it on channel 242 in your area?

I'm a Senior Advisor

No, I see it on 245 and 534 in the Woodstock area. 242 is COSMOTV here.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

But it works now. So yay! 😄 @bytownrick did you test it out yet? Edit: Just read your post. yay!

As @RogersMaude stated. It should have been fixed by this morning. Thanks Again!

I've Been Here Awhile

I am not able to get the free preview on either channel and I have a standard box and am able to get the other channels that are also having a free preview. Do I need to do something?
I'm a Senior Advisor

@LynnieD I see it on 245 and 534 in the Woodstock area. What package do you have?  I have VIP and it's just a preview and will end sometime. I didn't get it at first either, but @CommunityHelps fixed it.

Retired Moderator RogersMay
Retired Moderator

@LynnieD

Welcome to the Community Forums!

Discovery Velocity is on free preview from 20-Jan-2016 - 24-Feb-2016 on channels 245 and 534.

For customers in Hamilton it will be on channel 242.

If you are tuning in to the correct channels please ensure as a minimum requirement you are subscribed to Digital Basic cable.

RogersMay

I've Been Here Awhile

I have basic lite but as I mentioned before I am getting other free preview channels. Is it only an HD channel.because I don't have an HD box. Just SD
I'm a Senior Advisor

I just checked. 245 and 534 are both HD channels and don't work on a SD box. Smiley Sad

I've Been Here Awhile

Bummer. Thanks for letting me know.
I've Been Around

Why can we not get the free preview of discovery velocity. I get the message unauthorized