Discovery Velocity Free Preview

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Discovery Velocity Free Preview

According to the website, the preview starts January 20, 2016 on channels 245 and 534.  But I still get the "unauthorized" message, even after having rebooted the PVR.  Does anyone have any news on this?

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Re: Discovery Velocity Free Preview

Good afternoon @bytownrick,

Thank you for your post! 

Thank you for your inquiry regarding the Discovery Velocity channel. I validated the information and was able to confirm that the Free Preview did begin yesterday, January 20th 2016. Since it is a national preview, it is available to all our cable customers from New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Ontario and Quebec.

Please note that if you are in Hamilton, you would have to tune in to channel 242.  Smiley Wink

It was not reported that other customers were having this issue as of yet. You can access their website for more information about their Shows and Schedule, until this is sorted out.

Hey Community!? Did anybody else noticed that they were getting the "unauthorized message" when tuning in to channel 245 or 534, for the Free Preview of Discovery Velocity?

RogersMaude

I'm a Senior Advisor

I had the Discovery Velocity teaser (free preview) many months ago. Now it's "greened out" and when I select it, it tells me I need to order it (at extra cost, no doubt). Is this another "free preview" or only in selected areas?

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

Hey @OLDYELLR Free Preview works for all customers I believe as long as customer has Basic TV or above.
So this shouldn't be anything different than that...

I am just tuning into it... (horray for my TV being my PC and Rogers TV hehe)
@RogersMaude 245 Discovery Velocity shows "Unauthorized" for me as well. (I reside in Mississauga)...

Let me do a little research for ya @bytownrick i'll update the post in a moment...
Highlighted

Hello again @ShakTiburon & @OLDYELLR,

Your contribution is much appreciated, as usual thanks for your input.

Thank you for trying to access this channel and confirming this information.

This allowed me to reach out to the appropriate party, in order to get clarifications on the issue with the Discovery Velocity Free preview.

We were able to identify the issue and it was investigated thoroughly. At this time, I am able to say that your access to this free preview will be implemented in tonight's maintenance window. We are sorry for the inconveniences this may have caused you @bytownrick.

Everyone should therefore have access to the free preview station in question as of tomorrow morning Smiley Wink

Thank you so much for your patience!

RogersMaude

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks everyone.  I'll check in the morning.

Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

@RogersMaude - Thank you for the update! 😄

Thanks @bytownrick for actually pointing out the free preview in the first place; I would have missed some awesome shows! woot!
I'm a Senior Advisor

Thanks for checking this out. I do remember getting a free preview of that channel some months ago and didn't expect to see it again. I'll look for it tomorrow.

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks.  Working nowSmiley Very Happy.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Thanks, I have it too now.