Digital box hookup

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Digital box hookup

I wanted more channels so they sent a digital box over. I have 5 hook ups in my house - do i need a digital box for each one?

I tried connecting the cable to the digital box and out to the splitter/booster, but am not getting any reception at all

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Digital box hookup

Instructions for Cable hookups can be found here:

http://www.rogershelp.com/DigitalCable-Ontario/category.php?id=YV-8

Hope this helps!

***Update***

Hello everyone,

For information on cable Hook Ups, please click here.

Hope this helps!

I'm a Senior Advisor

If you want the "more channels" on each tv you will need a digital box for each TV.

If you use a splitter out of the back of the digital box you will only get the 1 channel that is tuned on the digital box on each tv that is split to.

If you are connecting the digital box using coax (regular cable wire) you will probably need to set your TV to channel 3.

If you'd like more help please post more information on your goals and typed of tv's etc..
I've Been Here Awhile

I am having a problem geting my digital box onto a new TV. There are four short lines on the box, so I am assuming that it is still working.  I know it's all about input and  output, but can't seem to get it installed. I have contacted tech support and he tried to walk me through it, but I didn't have much luck.

How much does it cost to have a Rogers worker come to my home? Sorry I'm posting two questions.

Thanks

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

A rogers tech is usually $50+

If you are able to post, WHAT rogers digital box it is (usually will have a model somewhere on it like "Scientific atlanta 4250" or similar), and what is your new TV... we can hopefully give you some instructions on HOW/WHERE to plug it in, what input on your TV to be set at, etc.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

maybe u can post a picture of the connections on here and we will try to help you get it connected

Highlighted
I've Been Around

How do I get new box

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@volkes:

Is it a rental?  If so, call Rogers, or go to a Rogers store?    We can help you more if you provide us with more than a 6-word question.  Why do you need a new box for example?