Digital adapter remote reprogramming

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Digital adapter remote reprogramming

Reading through this thread, I'm glad I'm not the only frustrated customer.

I have tried for hours to get my new TV to work with the digital box and remote.

I get as far as turning the TV off and controll the volume. 

Using the given codes for my make of TV nothing worked.

Using 991m then auto scan CH+, this turns the TV of after just two presses but only turns off the TV and controls the volume.

I put my hand in front of the remote and then uncover after a few presses.

12, 32, 56, 72 presses the TV will turn off but the same functionality is all I got.

One thing I did learn was that 981 then the SET button, resets the converter.

My wife just returned the digital box today and I will give it another go with some of the findings in this thread. 

SET for 3 seconds, 914 and holding the power button is something I did not try last night.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The big problem comes in when sometimes there are new TVs out, which use NEWER codes sometimes than what is available in the remote.  (and no easy way to update the remote)

From the sounds of it.. you may have what i had way back in the day with an old CRT I had.
(and this was with the FULL rogers remotes)
Turns off, volume, etc.. but no ON.

Most TVs have an On/Off power code.  That the same code just changes the state of what it currently is.

Some, have a seperate On/Off code. 
My guess is the remote is picking up on one that WORKS with the TV.. and turns it off.. but only works as an OFF code for it.

I Plan to Stick Around

Tried last night with a new digital box and converter.

All is good now. It took all of 5 minutes with the SET + 991 code and CH+ putton pushing. 

I can now control the ON/OFF, Volume and Sound. 

Don't know why the other disital box would not work it sat in the original box for a couple of years.

I'm Here A Lot

DTA50 Remote and Box not synchronized

I have a DTA50 remote (Model 3069BC0 - I think it's a UEI with White set button, white led, and red power button across the top) that works fine with the TV, but since doing a full reset (981), it has stopped working with the DTA50. I am still able to program it to the TV, but it won't change channels through the DTA.

The remote doesn't work on our other STB, but the other STB's remote works on this box.

Does anyone know how to re-program the remote to work with this Rogers DTA50 (CIsco/SA box)? I've tried using code 982 to unlock and then programming with Code 18771 (which is what the other remote reports as the CBL code using 990).

Any ideas?

I've tried exchanging the remote at the only Rogers store in town (Collingwood) and they said they were out of remote and not sure when they would get stock. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@canadiandad:

From post 8 of this thread:  "The tech said the remote can be reset to factory default by pressing the SET button until the light flashes twice. "  Hope that works for you.  Note that some people say the "light" is very dim and can't be seen easily during the day...  When reset to factory, you may need to reprogramme in your TV code - see below:

There's a very brief operating manual for the DTA/Remote if you don't have it - link below:

http://downloads.rogershelp.com/digitalcable/guides/DTA50_EIG_ON.pdf

Another couple of comments:

1. Most Rogers stores now offer the RF Remote, which may have issues with some functionality - there's a long thread here on the RF Remote.

2. You can use the other Rogers Remotes (1056, etc) with the DTA since the IR codes are the same. You may wish to consider doing that.  Here's a useful link for the remotes - put in the provider, the remote, etc:

http://www.urcsupport.com/

I'm Here A Lot

Thanks for the reply.  I've read this whole thread and nothing here helps.  Pushing the set button for 3 seconds puts it into programming mode where you can enter the TV code, or another JP-1 code like 981 which does a factory reset.  I did that and it must have deleted the setting which links the remote to the DTA.  I am looking for the code or procedure to re-link the remote with the DTA it was supplied with.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I've added some more info to my previous post - check that out?

1. Try holding the set button longer to get "past" the programming mode?

2. Try taking the batteries out overnight and try new batteries?

I'm Here A Lot

Done those....no help. Thanks
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

One "last" try?  From post 41:

"One thing I did learn was that 981 then the SET button, resets the converter."

I'm not sure if that means set - 981 - set, or simply 981 - set...

I'm Here A Lot

Thanks. Mentioned in my OP that code was what led to the issue.