@canadiandad wrote: Thanks. Mentioned in my OP that code was what led to the issue
I realize that but there have been some alternate suggestions and I'm not sure you've tried them - exactly.
1. Hold the Set button for a long time. Do not enter a code.
2. Hold the Set button, enter 981, press Set again.
3. Enter 981 followed by Set.
Sometimes it helps if you get someone else to follow the instructions - sometimes people end up trying the same thing over and over without realizing, or holding too long or too short a time. A different person can sometimes help with the situation.
Reprogramming adapter remote - One comes with a white button in between Power button and SET button.
1. Press and Hold both SET and '5" at the same time until the white button( in the middle of SET and POWER) flashes 2 times.
2. If above does not work ---- Press and Hold both SET and '2" the same time until the white button( in the middle of SET and POWER) flashes 2 times.
Under the 2nd reset or if you try reset with "3", the "LANG" button will not work. You can do all other functions. So this will be temporary and immediate fix. For LANG button to work, you need to change remote at rogers store.