Digital adapter remote reprogramming

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Digital adapter remote reprogramming

Did you originally try setting up the remote using the Rogers instructions that came with it?

http://downloads.rogershelp.com/digitalcable/guides/DTA50_EIG_ON.pdf

That worked best for me. However, the on/off never did work and I have to use the TV remote for that. It just doesn't work for some TVs. However, since the DTA remote only has a few basic functions, I need to use the TV remote to adjust picture size anyway for different channels, so you can't do away with the TV remote entirely.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Here Awhile

Yes originally I tried the 9-9-1 code and I didn;t get anywhere with that. So I programmed the code manually with the booklet that comes with the adapter. Everything works but the "on" function. I've decided we can live with that and I'm just tired of trying to figure it out. Smiley Frustrated

Thanks for your advice. Smiley Happy

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Some TVs have seperate on/off codes.. vs one code for both..

The universal rogers one.. only can program to ONE of them.. so it doesnt want to do the others 😞

I've Been Here Awhile

if remote codes get missup can they be reset to orginal or default settings to get it work  with the digital box again

I Plan to Stick Around

For digital adaptor's the code should be unchangable. However you can go to a Rogers+ store and swap it if you insist.

For digital box like NextBox just press the desired device (CBL = Cable Box, etc) and press setup then press the code. If you dont know then press 9 9 1 after pushing setup. Then, keep pushing CH+ until the box/etc shuts off. 

nkgers | remember to leave a KUDO 😄
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@nkgers wrote:

For digital adaptor's the code should be unchangable. However you can go to a Rogers+ store and swap it if you insist.

I had a lot of trouble setting up my DTA50 remote for a certain TV. The last step is to hold the power button until the TV powers off. Mine was taking forever, so I clamped the button with a pair of vise grips, but it still didn't turn off after an hour, so there wasn't a code. I tried codes from the manufacturer's website as well. The best I ever got was everything working except for the power button. However, I ended up with not even that. Called Rogers and was told to reset it to default by holding the SET button for 6 seconds. Still no good, so Rogers told me to return it to their store, and they exchanged it for a new one. Even the new one could not be programed to turn this TV on and off, so I just use 2 remotes.

I've Been Around

Well done - that worked.  Now have volume and power on/off control.  Thx,

I've Been Around

I need to move a digital adapter from one location in my in-laws house to another.  I have the Installation Guide that shows you how to hook up the cables but not the list that has all the codes for all the different TV manufacturers (Sony, RCA, Panasonic,etc...).

Can someone direct me as to where to find a copy of this?

Thanx heaps. 

I'm a Senior Advisor

Look here. http://www.urcsupport.com/html.php?page_id=736

Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

@OLDYELLR  Nice link! Just added it to my bookmarks should come in handy Smiley Wink

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats