Digital adapter not working

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Digital adapter not working

I'm not sure if the DTAs work the same as the set top boxes, but go into the "settings" (or "menu") and under the audio option choose "fixed" instead of "variable"?  Before you do that, lower the volume on the TV itself.  Another option is to call Rogers and they will walk you through how to get your volume set properly.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for responding, 57. I'll have to call Rogers. Can't see where I can choose fixed / variable using either of the remotes. 

I'm a Senior Advisor

There is no Settings button on the DTA remote.

And using a STB remote, the Settings button does nothing.

Perhaps there is something in the TV settings, depending on the model, that can be changed.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

That's the DTA remote I have, for sure! I have a Sharp TV, an old one. The sound volume was OK before the technician put in the new adapter so I wondered if the minimal sound now had something to do with changing the adapter. I'll contact Rogers and see if there's anything I can do about the sound volume. Thanks for posting the picture ... that's exactly what I have! 

I'm a Senior Advisor

One last check you can do. I just have a cheap off-brand (Seiki) 17" LCD TV on my DTA. The Menu button on the TV remote gives me an audio function I can change to Auto on and off. See if you have any option like that or similar. Also check using the headphone jack if there is one. Is that audio also low?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Perhaps you could try one more thing. Use your TV remote to increase the volume on the TV itself. I'm not sure if your DTA remote is controlling the output volume of the DTA or of the TV. If it's controlling the TV, then your call to Rogers may be able to get them to increase the volume of the DTA by getting it to max volume, or "fixed" which is essentially the same thing.

I'm a Senior Advisor

The TV remote and the DTA remote each control the volume separately. They have different looking graphs on the screen.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yes, I'm hoping that the TV's volume somehow got turned way down and even with the DTA set to max, the volume is too low. @NoChoice1 should therefore increase the volume on the TV, using the TV's remote, to a point where the DTA provides enough volume without going to "max".

I just wasn't sure whether the DTA remote is controlling the DTA volume or the TV's volume (as some remotes can be programmed to control the TV). 

I Plan to Stick Around

Whether I use the TV remote or the adapter remote, the volume doesn't change. It's at maximum but I still barely hear the TV from just across the room. Before, I had it set to maximum some nights but had to turn it down daytime to almost half that. 

No matter anyway. The original problem — loss of picture — just happened again. At 7 in the morning. So the new adapter isn't the problem it seems.  When the picture came on again I checked "Turner Status" and the numbers were the same as before the problem occurred. 

Good thing I haven't contacted Rogers about the sound volume problem yet! The original problem is back. Plus I now can barely hear the TV. I'm about ready to give up and let Rogers have this one. 

Hello @NoChoice1,

We appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention by posting it in the Community!

I can imagine how disappointing it must be to have a technician out and get a new Digital Adapter only to continue to face the same issues as before. We'd hate to lose you as a customer over this issue. We'd like to take a look at the notes from the technician and try to find a solution to this matter for you, once and for all. 

We'll need to pull up your info in order to investigate this fully. Please send us a Private Message to @CommunityHelps so we can get started on this. If you are not familiar with our Private Messaging system please CLICK HERE.

We look forward to hearing from you!

RogersTony