Digital adapter constantly resets

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Digital adapter constantly resets

Hello. I'm hoping someone here can shed some light on why my digital adapter is now constantly rebooting itself. It began about 4 weeks ago, at first it was only once or twice, but now it happens every 5 minutes and tends to happen in the mid afternoon to early evening.
I live in south central Toronto if that helps. And what I mean by rebooting is that the light on the adapter will turn off, the tv screen will have static then a few seconds later the adapter light will turn back on then the channel will appear.
Thanks for any help it is really appreciated on this end.

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Digital adapter constantly resets

Ok so I have had this issue before My dta 50 would just restart randomly and keep repeating this all day. Some times it takes a while for it to happen and some times it's just non stop.

The last time this happened was in summer time of 2012 and now it's 2014 as of today this problem has come back.

So what's the deal here i have other boxes in the house all dta 50's and this problem just seems to rotate from box to box and comes back when it feels like it."As of today none of my other boxes are doing this but in 2012 they all started slowly doing this"

The only thing i can think of here is Rogers backend is reauthorizing my box's constantly forcing them to restart

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If it was just the static, I would think that it could just be the signal cutting out... But with the light, I am thinking it is more of a full reboot of the box.

Some people with those have had some power issues with them. Might be a flakey power adapter.
I would take it in and swap it.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Looks like a bad wall receptacle or power supply to me. Can you plug it into another socket? If that isn't it, just take it back to your Rogers store for an new one.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you for the responses. An update to my problem. The adapter no longer is in constant reboot the light on the box now just flashes on then off. When I go into the adapters diagnostic menu and check the DTA status it says that it is activated but under the heading of DTA mode it says pending initialization does this give anyone any ideas.

I tried a new power outlet but I got the same outcome just the flashing light. Thank you again for the help and ideas.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Try giving rogers a call, and see if they can re-authorize the box.

Highlighted
Retired Moderator RogersSyed
Retired Moderator

Hey Everyone Smiley Happy

A flashing Digital Adapter light might be an authorization problem. It could be one of the following three reasons that prevents the box to authorize or lose authorization:

1- Authorization Problem

2- Low RF Signal

3- Faulty Digital Adapter

Please let us know should you need any technical support, we can help troubleshoot and/or diagnose the problem.