Digital Terminal Rental on NextBox

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Digital Terminal Rental on NextBox

This is probably an often asked question, but here I go anyways. I got the Netbox for $7.50 a month rent to own, so why do I still have to pay a $4.99 Digital Terminal Rental fee?

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Digital Terminal Rental on NextBox

DId you have any other box before? An SD box? if so did you return that one? (because thats about the rental price for the SD box)

Also, which plan are you on?

I've Been Here Awhile

Yes the H.D. box before that ($12.95) a month plus $4.99 digital terminal rental was returned.

VIP Extra Pack plan.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I would give them a call up, seems like something wasn't removed then when you returned the two.

I've Been Here Awhile

What did you mean by "when you returned the two"?

I have phoned about this on 2 separate occasions, first answer was it's $4.99 for each digital T.V. regardless of whether you own or rent the box. Second answer was it should only be one charge of $4.99 as I am only renting one box, but they did not know how far back the overcharge went so they gave me a case # and said they would call when they had this resolved. Been waiting a couple months now and still no call and still paying the $4.99 times 2.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I am just looking at mine.  For example.

Digital VIP Cable * $67.99

(This is my cable package)

Digital Terminal Rental $24.95

(This is the HD PVR)

2 NextBox HD Terminal Rental $25.90

(These are my two HD box rentals)

Digital Services Fee $2.99

(This should be the only other 'ontop' fee)

The only thing i can think/see from here.. is the PLAN, which is my guess.  That VIP plan, is likely a grandfathered VIP plan, which doesnt include some of the other digital fee's (that plan is no longer available).  This is why you might be paying the 4.99 aditionaly per each box.

Unerd the new VIP plan as i have, you can see there is only the box rental fees, and the one digital services fee.

(not sure of the price difference between your current VIP and the current one i have listed above)

I've Been Here Awhile

You have to be a detective and a defence attorney when dealing with Rogers.  I have 3 HD Nextbox RENT TO OWN, and when I called and asked when they will be finally mine got as many different answers as many times I called. Someone who was not willing to give me his name or ID number even said none of them are Rent to own...someone said I only have two and they both expire the same time in 2018...eventhough we did not get them at the same time.  The first agent was honest telling me two dates when I started renting the boxes one in Dec 2014, the other one Apr 2016. Mysteriously the very first box which I rented when my son first bought his HD tv is not even existing in their system. Very conveniently as it should be ours already. My only defense that I had all 3 for RENT TO OWN is the price I am paying today for each box $7.50 which one of the agent acknowledged too. ROGERS NEVER ever wrote or acknowledged on the bill they are rent to own. It is my word now against theirs. What a scam, I feel violated and hurt that they suggest I am lying that when I brought home all boxes I wanted them as Rent to own...now how do I prove and why is it ok that they are not telling me the date when I first rented the first box.... I pay for all my services with Rogers over $400 every month...and I am so fed up, that I think this will end our loyalty being their customer... Customer retention only giving you a contract what they call promotion...and when that expire....they will charge you double....Soooo fed up that I did not asked for everything to be in writing....especially about the RENT TO OWN scam.....

Hello @bperger

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I totally understand your frustrations here, being told different things every time you reach out to us is confusing, to say the least. 

We definitely want to ensure this is cleared up for you once and for all and we will be happy to provide you with the information you've requested regarding the status of your PVR units. We will need to gain access to your account in order to provide you with the requested information. Please send us a private message @CommunityHelps the next time you are online and we can take a closer look.

For more information on our private messaging system check out our blog.

Regards,

RogersTony

I'm a Senior Advisor

@bperger Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to recall that rent-to-own was over a period of 3 years with full warranty, compared to outright purchase, which had a 2-year warranty. If you know when you got the boxes, you should know when the rental payments should, or should have stopped.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Here Awhile

@OLDYELLR, if you have read my post carefully you should have understood that I do not have the exact date when I started on the first box the rent to own, but I do know that is was more than 3 years ago, I think either 2012 OR 2013, but I have the two later dates, the second box in 2014 and the third box in 2016. The first one should have been already expired but Rogers does not even says on the bill that I have 3 HD boxes says one of them a Digital terminal. When I have in my possession all 3 HD boxes. Also, one agent said both HD terminals will expire the same date in 2018. How can that be if one was 2014, one in 2016? I have been paying the $7.50 rent to own charge for years for all 3, and if they are NOT rent to own how come it is not full price? If they would play a fair game they would mention on your bill straight out, beside the HD terminal rentals that they are RENT TO OWN..... but all it is just verbal agreement at a store with an agent and you pay the price accordingly than you have no other proof. The issue was never about renting and warranty versus buying and warranty...as you talk about it in your reply!!! 2015 July they had a new rule coming out as per all boxes that is rent to own Rogers will automatically charge the $1.00 buying fee and they will stop charging the rental fee. Well this did not happen. My bill is sky high already, and I trusted Rogers to act accordingly as they stated. Now they do not even want to acknowledge I have 3 HD boxes....how convenient...