cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital Cable TV and Internet Pricing

Sailorman
I plan to stick around

Can someone post where I can find the pricing for Digital Cable TV and legacy High Speed Internet.  All I can find online is the pricing for Ignite Internet and TV. I realize Rogers is marketing Ignite but where can I find pricing for the legacy Digital TV and Internet. 

*** Edited Labels ***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Digital Cable TV and Internet Pricing

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Sailorman wrote:

Can someone post where I can find the pricing for Digital Cable TV

Digital Cable is no longer offered, so there is no pricing posted anywhere.  Your only option is to contact Rogers yourself and see what they'll do regarding channel changes, etc.  They may hold firm on what you have and little/no discount once your contract expires, since they are migrating everyone to IgniteTV.  Rogers continue to make it uncomfortable for people to stay on Digital Cable by decreasing features and increasing pricing.

IgniteTV has now been offered for 4 years and no one knows how much longer Digital Cable will be available.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

If you are a new rogers customer then digital TV is not available. Only Ignite internet/tv is available.

Rogers is pulling away from the old digital standard internet and tv.

Sailorman
I plan to stick around
Thanks. I know that. I currently have the legacy products and interested in what my options are. I would prefer not upgrading to Ignite at this time but might want to change my channels.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Sailorman wrote:

Can someone post where I can find the pricing for Digital Cable TV

Digital Cable is no longer offered, so there is no pricing posted anywhere.  Your only option is to contact Rogers yourself and see what they'll do regarding channel changes, etc.  They may hold firm on what you have and little/no discount once your contract expires, since they are migrating everyone to IgniteTV.  Rogers continue to make it uncomfortable for people to stay on Digital Cable by decreasing features and increasing pricing.

IgniteTV has now been offered for 4 years and no one knows how much longer Digital Cable will be available.

mebe
I'm a trusted contributor
I have digital legacy tv and although I know of at least one current independent website that posts all the main channel lineups and 2022 prices for Rogers and the other cable companies (most likely taken from the same PDFs that Rogers emailed me for starter, popular, premier, etc., main base groupings). Regardless of the source(s) used, they all include some channels that are no longer part of digital legacy, so even Rogers doesn't bother updating its own legacy tv PDFs.

Some of the Rogers base groupings prices (not sure if they changed recently) are: Select at $54.99; Popular $79.99 and Premier $109.99. There is at least one more base grouping with all the movie channels, etc. added.
If you want to find out the prices for various digital legacy channels or theme packs, you can simply go to the Rogers website and search for the starter pack. From there, you can search for individual channels and even slide over a bit to see link to find out what other channels are part of the theme pack. You can also search through theme packages and prices if you toggle the search choice to theme packs.
Sometimes, the website won't load the search results properly on my phone, so I either refresh, or just try later in the day. I can always call Rogers and they will also tell me, but I don't like taking up their time for searches I can eventually get done on my own.
As much as Rogers wants me to switch to ignite tv, it still wants me to be happy, so every once in a while, I get a call to see if I want to upgrade from the Starter pack to Select or other more expensive offerings, in case I can get better value or perhaps end up paying less, or just slightly more overall (depending on what channels I pay extra for now, that I previously added to my Starter pack.
Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 in conversation