Digital Adapters - Why I hate rogers

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Digital Adapters - Why I hate rogers

If you look on the Channel line ups, there are a few radio stations listed (not the galaxie). Those are te ones I'm guessing.

Using a dta, you would always have to use the tv remote to change the aspect ratio for that TV 😞

The fuller Rogers boxes have a few more features like the aspect on the remote, but again at a cost.
Might be worth a look around. If you could find a used full SD box (or even an HD) for cheap enough, might be worth it.

I Plan to Stick Around

it's not true, we can't get up to 4 free adapters.  I called rogers and they told me only the first adapter is free and every additional adapter is $7.99 per month.  stop misinforming people!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

No one is miss informing people

Its is all dependant on your CABLE PLAN.

Things like BASIC cable, only have one supported digital outlet.  (there for can only get one digital adapter).
while technically on analog, you could split it your own and add more, even then, they TECHNICALLY were not supported by rogers.

You can PAY for extra outlets at 7.99 / month.  This fee is actually for the OUTLET, not the digital adapter.

Higher plans, may have between 2-6 digital outlets, included in the plan.  For each of these outlets, you could get a adapter for.

There are people on here, one of the other RE's for example, who has VIP if i am correct, and they have 1 PVR, and 4 DTA's.

I've Been Around

Hello - we just got our digital adapters, and find they reduce the max tv volume substantially. I've called the tech person who told me the adapter(s) must be faulty...it seems odd to me that we have received two faulty adapters at the same time. Does anybody have any experience with this? thanks in advance for your help.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I found, digital as a whole, the base volume as a whole, lower than on analog. 

But yes, they are/will be lower than you had just on plain analog.

You will likely have to increase the TV volume higher than previously.

I'm a Senior Advisor

You can change the volume both with the TV remote and the Rogers remote. When the picture is zoomed, like I do for CBC News, CTV News and CNN, so the picture fills the screen and the ticker headlines are still along the bottom, I can see both the graphic and "VOLUME" for the TV remote, but using the Rogers remote, the graphic is off the bottom of the screen and I only see "VOLUME". So I leave the Rogers remote at maximum volume and only use the TV remote to change volume. (My TV with the DTA won't turn on and off with the Rogers remote so I always have to use both remotes anyway.) Make sure you have the volume at maximum with one remote and then use the other.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Here Awhile

this volume issue that can be adjusted with remote programming for this dta................

To increase your volume just get your little cisco remote,  press the set button until the light blinks two times on the remote,  enter 993, then enter 1 and then increase the volume with the remote to max.  Press set button again til the light blinks two times, then press 2

all done try volume again and your max power from box has been increased..........You will notice a differance.  

I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers customers are allowed one digital adapter per outlet.  They are free.  I have an account with Cogeco who also expect you to have a box,  I can also say there are no free digital adapters at all,  they charge no matter what so it's not Rogers who is causing this issue it's not any service providers fault, however they are all trying to handle things their way.  Cogeco has no free boxes at all...........they want me to pay.

I've Been Here Awhile

I am only allowed 1 adpater!
Extra ones cost me 7.50 a month, ridiculus!
another concern is the power consume, this is not environment friendly! This boxes gets so hot, that possibly they eradicate chemicals that we breath.
We suposed to have options, but rogers ate not giving that. They will get millions with this new innovation.
I have certain concerns refarding this boxes. that if we take this to the government i think we should keep it the way it is.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The government & the crtc are part in what was descided to GET RID of analog.
It actually, doesnt EXIST anymore.  For rogers to provide it, they actually have to have MORE equipment on their end to convert it DOWN to analog to provide out.

Though i doubt it.. once analog is gone, the savings on having to provide it could be passed on to the customer.

That you are only allowed one adapter.. i am guessing you are only on Basic cable?
Did you know, that even on analog, with basic cable... rogers would only technically support one TV.
Could you split it on your own usually with no conequences? yeah.. but it wasnt supported.. rogers didnt have to help with the extra outlets, etc.

Unfortunately, its the way everything is going to be... no matter what carrier you go with.
(heck, satalite, etc.. you have needed to have a box on every tv, bought/rented... since the day it was first available.)

Your best way, if you want to avoid all this.. is to go OTA.  Get a digital antenna.. may only get a few select channels.. but free, no box needed, etc.

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats